    you can search for details and names.

    My employer paid $150.00 for this 5 years ago.

    Enjoy NZ

    RayC, Apr 19, 2013

  2. RayC

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:43:30 +1200, "RayC" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >www.topomap.co.nz
    >
    >You can double click right down to immense detail, then call
    >up satellite images of all NZ
    >
    >You can select a segment and print it out.
    >
    >you can search for details and names.
    >
    >My employer paid $150.00 for this 5 years ago.
    >
    >Enjoy NZ

    Thanks. I still have the original software & maps. But it's no longer
    loaded on my computer since I upgraded. Just as easy to use the web
    version.

    Donchano, Apr 19, 2013

  3. RayC

    JohnO Guest

    On Friday, 19 April 2013 21:08:38 UTC+12, EMB wrote:
    > On 19/04/2013 5:43 p.m., RayC wrote:
    >

    > > My employer paid $150.00 for this 5 years ago.

    > So did I. And at the time it was a bargain.

    I remember back in the day paying what seemed a small fortune for RNZN marine charts. And then you had to keep updating them from the published notices.

    Nowdays you can download them for free and if you have a good enough printer, print them out. I just with they had them online in a zoomable format these topo maps are in. The hi res charts are in TIFF format and I need to find a decent application to view them with. MSPaint dies pretty bad due to the memory required to load them in.

    JohnO, Apr 19, 2013
  4. RayC

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , JohnO says...

    > On Friday, 19 April 2013 21:08:38 UTC+12, EMB wrote:
    > > On 19/04/2013 5:43 p.m., RayC wrote:
    > >

    > > > My employer paid $150.00 for this 5 years ago.

    > > So did I. And at the time it was a bargain.

    > I remember back in the day paying what seemed a small fortune for RNZN
    > marine charts. And then you had to keep updating them from the
    > published notices.
    >
    > Nowdays you can download them for free and if you have a good enough
    > printer, print them out. I just with they had them online in a
    > zoomable format these topo maps are in. The hi res charts are in TIFF
    > format and I need to find a decent application to view them with.
    > MSPaint dies pretty bad due to the memory required to load them in.

    If you want to combine a free chart plotter and the NZ marine charts,
    use OpenCPN and ALL the NZ nautical charts that some nice chap has
    compiled into directly useable OpenCPN format...

    http://opencpn.org/

    http://mce66.altervista.org/software.html#Free_Nautical_Raster_Maps
    (NewZealandNauticalCharts_V37.7z)

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Apr 20, 2013
  5. RayC

    JohnO Guest

    On Saturday, 20 April 2013 15:39:59 UTC+12, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > , JohnO says...

    > > > So did I. And at the time it was a bargain.

    > > I remember back in the day paying what seemed a small fortune for RNZN

    > > marine charts. And then you had to keep updating them from the

    > > published notices.

    > > Nowdays you can download them for free and if you have a good enough

    > > printer, print them out. I just with they had them online in a

    > > zoomable format these topo maps are in. The hi res charts are in TIFF

    > > format and I need to find a decent application to view them with.

    > > MSPaint dies pretty bad due to the memory required to load them in.

    > If you want to combine a free chart plotter and the NZ marine charts,
    >
    > use OpenCPN and ALL the NZ nautical charts that some nice chap has
    >
    > compiled into directly useable OpenCPN format...
    >

    > http://opencpn.org/
    >

    > http://mce66.altervista.org/software.html#Free_Nautical_Raster_Maps
    >
    > (NewZealandNauticalCharts_V37.7z)
    >

    > --