    the Run and \\someName it still wont work... any help?
    --
    Sean McBrien

    =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBNY0JyaWVu?=, Jul 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBNY0JyaWVu?=

    Frankster Guest

    Make sure they are in the same workgroup and/or domain. If workgroup, make
    sure you have the exact same userID/password account created on both
    computers.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Jul 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBNY0JyaWVu?=

    GTS Guest

    Can you ping the other computer? Is either running a firewall? Is it
    configured correctly?
    Open a command prompt and type >start \\someName What error code is
    returned?

    (It is not necessary that the computers be in the same workgroup.)

    GTS, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Try pinging the other PC - if that works then use the IP addy to map the
    drive

    - Brian

    Brian McMullen, Jul 15, 2005