    I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    Thanks in advance for you opinions or advice
    Bill

    Bill & Debbie, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Bill & Debbie

    canongirly Guest

    Idiot alert

    "Bill & Debbie" <> wrote in message
    news:d3u0bp$2t1n$...
    > Would it be prudent to purchase a digital camera that is advertised as:
    >
    > "This product is manufacturer refurbished to brand new condition, factory
    > sealed box, unopened, everything is keeping in the original manufactory
    > status. "

    Whaddya think?

    > I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    Whatever you do ...don't buy anything ever. Car, TV, DVD, PC, Mac. Computer,
    Toaster, clothing, anytthing coz it might fail and you might have to use the

    canongirly, Apr 17, 2005

  3. "Bill & Debbie" <> writes:

    > Would it be prudent to purchase a digital camera that is advertised as:
    >
    > "This product is manufacturer refurbished to brand new condition, factory
    > sealed box, unopened, everything is keeping in the original manufactory
    > status. "
    >
    > I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    If you're sure you believe them, and if the manufacturer offers a
    decent guarantee, it's probably *better* than really new; new stuff
    hasn't been tweaked and adjusted, whereas in a refurb the technician
    has to mess with it anyway. I've had very good luck with manufacturer
    refurb printers.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 17, 2005
  4. Bill & Debbie

    Beck Guest

    > Would it be prudent to purchase a digital camera that is advertised as:
    >
    > "This product is manufacturer refurbished to brand new condition, factory
    > sealed box, unopened, everything is keeping in the original manufactory
    > status. "
    >
    > I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for you opinions or advice

    Well brand new items can break just as easily as refurbed items under
    warranty. That is what the warranty is for.

    Beck, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Bill & Debbie

    ASAAR Guest

    Re: Idiot alert

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:24:58 +0100, canongirly wrote:

    >> I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    > Whatever you do ...don't buy anything ever. Car, TV, DVD, PC, Mac.
    > Computer, Toaster, clothing, anytthing coz it might fail and you might
    > have to use the warranty...

    We appear to have read that a little differently. I don't think
    he means that he doesn't want to use a warranty. Just that he wants
    information about whether refurbished equipment is less reliable
    than new, which if so, would make it more likely that he'd have to
    use the warranty. Of course you might have read it the same way and
    just wanted to emphasize the point about needing warranties . . .

    ASAAR, Apr 17, 2005
  6. Re: Idiot alert

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:24:58 +0100, canongirly wrote:
    >
    >>> I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    >> Whatever you do ...don't buy anything ever. Car, TV, DVD, PC, Mac.
    >> Computer, Toaster, clothing, anytthing coz it might fail and you might
    >> have to use the warranty...

    > We appear to have read that a little differently. I don't think
    > he means that he doesn't want to use a warranty. Just that he wants
    > information about whether refurbished equipment is less reliable
    > than new, which if so, would make it more likely that he'd have to
    > use the warranty. Of course you might have read it the same way and
    > just wanted to emphasize the point about needing warranties . . .

    You understood my question correctly. Maybe I should have tried to word it
    more clearly. With many products, it is not a good idea to buy one that has
    been refurbished, regardless of the warranty. If you do purchase one of
    those products, you are just signing up for an extreme case of frustration
    indigestion. The manufacturing/quality lines for a new product are usually
    entirely different from the refurbish line for the product and the last
    thing you want with some high tech products is to have a technician messing
    around with it.

    I was just wondering what experience people have had with refurbished
    digital cameras.

    Bill & Debbie, Apr 17, 2005
  7. "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message
    > "Bill & Debbie" <> writes:
    >
    >> Would it be prudent to purchase a digital camera that is advertised as:
    >>
    >> "This product is manufacturer refurbished to brand new condition, factory
    >> sealed box, unopened, everything is keeping in the original manufactory
    >> status. "
    >>
    >> I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the warranty.

    > If you're sure you believe them, and if the manufacturer offers a
    > decent guarantee, it's probably *better* than really new; new stuff
    > hasn't been tweaked and adjusted, whereas in a refurb the technician
    > has to mess with it anyway. I've had very good luck with manufacturer
    > refurb printers.
    > --
    > David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
    > RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com/> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
    > Pics: <http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/>
    > <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
    > Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/>

    Thanks for your insight.

    Bill & Debbie, Apr 17, 2005
  8. Bill & Debbie

    Yozzi Guest

    Re: Idiot alert

    "canongirly" <> wrote in message
    > Whatever you do ...don't buy anything ever. Car, TV, DVD, PC, Mac.
    > Computer, Toaster, clothing, anytthing coz it might fail and you might
    > have to use the warranty...

    Don't act like a wanker.

    Wanker.

    Yozzi, Apr 17, 2005
  9. Bill & Debbie

    Frank ess Guest

    Bill & Debbie wrote:
    > "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bill & Debbie" <> writes:
    >>
    >>> Would it be prudent to purchase a digital camera that is advertised
    >>> as: "This product is manufacturer refurbished to brand new
    >>> condition,
    >>> factory sealed box, unopened, everything is keeping in the original
    >>> manufactory status. "
    >>>
    >>> I'm not looking for a camera that fails and I have to use the
    >>> warranty.

    >> If you're sure you believe them, and if the manufacturer offers a
    >> decent guarantee, it's probably *better* than really new; new stuff
    >> hasn't been tweaked and adjusted, whereas in a refurb the technician
    >> has to mess with it anyway. I've had very good luck with
    >> manufacturer refurb printers.
    >> --
    >> David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:>,
    >> <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/> RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com/>
    >> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/> Pics: <http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/>
    >> <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>
    >> Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/>

    > Thanks for your insight.

    Of two refurb cameras I have had fom a top online retailer, one was (and
    is) good, the other went back. All the bad one cost was time without it.
    Savings in both cases was considerable.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Apr 18, 2005
  10. Re: Idiot alert

    ****

    Chuck Lysaght, Apr 18, 2005
  11. Bill & Debbie

    Alan Terry Guest

    Re: Idiot alert

    In article <d3ui16$353m$>, Bill & Debbie
    <> writes

    >I was just wondering what experience people have had with refurbished
    >digital cameras.

    I got me refurb Fuji 602 about 18 months ago and it's been great.

    After reading various forums I understood that Fuji automatically did a
    fix during the refurb of a widely reported problem with the battery
    cover on new ones, so I think of it as even better than new!

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Apr 18, 2005
  12. Bill & Debbie

    softwaretailor

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    http://www.kidsclothingchina.com/Aboutus.aspx
    I just wanted to take a moment to write and tell you how much we appreciate Sterling Products LTD service, they Specialize in Child-Friendly Clothing, they are the kids clothing manufacturer in china.
    Garments they make are a wide variety of children’s sportswear: jeans, pants, shorts, overalls, shortalls, jumpsuits, playsuits, skirts, dresses, shirts, blouses, jackets, t-shirts, sweatshirts, rompers, jog suits, body suits, swim wear, etc. The garments are typically designed as coordinated groups by creative designers in our NY office and the goods are displayed and sold as collections even though they are made in different parts of the World. The merchandise are shipped as “Floor Ready Products” which includes assorted sizes and colors, customized folding, bagging, packing, UPC coding, etc. With sizes ranging from New Born, Infant, Toddler, 4-6x, 4-7, 7-16 and 8-16 for both Boys and Girls.

    softwaretailor, Sep 14, 2010