    If someone can tell me whether there is some easy formula to use to work
    these three out then i'd be very grateful.

    Thanks
    Costanza, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Costanza

    Costanza Guest

    Motherboard is an ASUS A7A133 with BIOS revision 1012 which says this is the
    fastest CPU it can take (Hard Drive is 60GB)

    "NEMISIES" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:15:34 +0000 (UTC), "Costanza"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello
    > >
    > >I was wondering if anyone can tell me how i work out the following to

    enter
    > >the BIOS and update manually:
    > >
    > >CPU Speed
    > >CPU Frequency Multiple
    > >CPU/PCI Frequency
    > >
    > >I have just installed an AMD XP2600+ 266MHz FSB and want to set these
    > >manually as the BIOS doesn't seem to like the idea of doing it for me - i

    do
    > >have the latest BIOS supporting this CPU but it still liked the idea of

    me

    Costanza, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Costanza

    NEMISIES Guest

    Hmmmm.... Might Work !!

    Where Ya Want it Posted ??

    Can Post in alt.binaries.cd For Ya !??

    NEMISIES, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    "Costanza" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone can tell me how i work out the following to

    enter
    > the BIOS and update manually:
    >
    > CPU Speed
    > CPU Frequency Multiple
    > CPU/PCI Frequency
    >
    > I have just installed an AMD XP2600+ 266MHz FSB and want to set these
    > manually as the BIOS doesn't seem to like the idea of doing it for me - i

    do
    > have the latest BIOS supporting this CPU but it still liked the idea of me
    > setting them for it!

    Well, a XP2600+ is a 133 MHz FSB (266 in marketing MHz) at a
    multiplier of 16. PCI is supposedly 33MHz.

    > If someone can tell me whether there is some easy formula to use to work
    > these three out then i'd be very grateful.

    Multiple of 16, CPU Speed is probably FSB at 133 or 266MHz, and
    CPU/PCI Frequency should be 33 for compatiblity. Play around with these at
    your own risk.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Costanza

    Buffalo Guest

    I believe the 2600 runs at 2.13GHz.
    mult 16MHz x fsb 133MHz =2.128GHz
    The PCI should be 33MHz
    "Costanza"
    > Certainly is - was going to get a new mobo but decided not to bother for a
    > while as this one can handle the AMD XP2600 - any idea what to do about
    > setting these multiples etc.? - i had hoped that the new BIOS revision

    would
    > have meant it would recognise it and work it all out for me!!

    Once in the BIOS (usually by holding the Del key during first boot), go to
    the proper section, highlite the item you want to change, and you change
    values usually by using the Page Up and Page Down keys.
    You probably know how to do this, but I just thought I'd mention it anyways.
    :)
    Buffalo, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Costanza

    Greg M Guest