    I've saved those xpi files locally to my hdd. Is there a way to
    manually "install" these?

    Thanks.

    Galaxy, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Galaxy

    Jan Steffen Guest

    Galaxy schrieb:
    > I've saved those xpi files locally to my hdd. Is there a way to
    > manually "install" these?

    In Mozilla you can just drag'n'drop them to your browser window.

    Jan

    Jan Steffen, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:24:58 +0200, Jan Steffen <>
    wrote:

    >Galaxy schrieb:
    >> I've saved those xpi files locally to my hdd. Is there a way to
    >> manually "install" these?

    >In Mozilla you can just drag'n'drop them to your browser window.
    >
    >Jan

    KEWL!! It seemed to work just fine in Firefox, too! <dancing a jig>
    This is coming along very nicely! I'm making the switch from IE quite
    well. Esp. since I was on Netscape 6 and then 4.79 today at the
    office! Phew, Firefox is heaps better for me. It seems to be much
    more intuitive. And that's after years of using 4.79 (I recognized it
    from way back when <g>!).

    The _only_ 2 things I'm not yet reconciled to, but maybe there's a fix
    for:

    - Firefox's personal toolbar folder shows icons only after one has
    visited the site. I really love how one can assign icons to an IE
    shortcut. Made my life so much easier. Any way to do something
    similar in Firefox, even if it's with another extension?

    - when saving full webpages, IE automatically puts the URL where the
    saved page comes from. Is there an extension to do that in Firefox???
    All saved html pages are missing this vital information.

    Thanks!

    Galaxy, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Galaxy

    mike555 Guest

    > snip ...
    > - when saving full webpages, IE automatically puts the URL where the
    > saved page comes from. Is there an extension to do that in Firefox???
    > All saved html pages are missing this vital information.
    >
    > Thanks!

    ==== sounds like you collect text from webpages (like me) I think you
    will like the extention " SendTo " from the site ..
    http://gorgias.de/mfe/ ...it works great in .9.1 FireFox , it saves
    the highlighted text , and the website URL , and the time and date ...
    what more could you ask ? hope this helps... Mike555 ===

    mike555, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On 2 Jul 2004 13:59:35 -0700, (mike555)
    wrote:

    >> snip ...
    >> - when saving full webpages, IE automatically puts the URL where the
    >> saved page comes from. Is there an extension to do that in Firefox???
    >> All saved html pages are missing this vital information.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    >==== sounds like you collect text from webpages (like me) I think you
    >will like the extention " SendTo " from the site ..
    >http://gorgias.de/mfe/ ...it works great in .9.1 FireFox , it saves
    >the highlighted text , and the website URL , and the time and date ...
    > what more could you ask ? hope this helps... Mike555 ===

    Thanks! I've had it for a few days now and it works great! I don't
    get that options box that is shown in the screenshot as I'd like to
    change the program it sends text to, but other than that, it works
    very well.

    Cheers.

    Galaxy, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Galaxy

    MLC Guest

    sabato 03/lug/2004 _Galaxy_ in

    > Thanks! I've had it for a few days now and it works great! I don't
    > get that options box that is shown in the screenshot as I'd like to
    > change the program it sends text to, but other than that, it works
    > very well.

    Hi,
    you can get its options window from the extension manager, clicking on its
    first icon on the right (similar to a v): if you hover a little the mouse on
    it you see a tooltip saying "options".

    --
    Maria Luisa C - 03/07/2004 15.10.46, here.

    MLC, Jul 3, 2004
  7. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 15:14:29 +0200, MLC <> wrote:

    >sabato 03/lug/2004 _Galaxy_ in
    >
    >> Thanks! I've had it for a few days now and it works great! I don't
    >> get that options box that is shown in the screenshot as I'd like to
    >> change the program it sends text to, but other than that, it works
    >> very well.

    >Hi,
    >you can get its options window from the extension manager, clicking on its
    >first icon on the right (similar to a v): if you hover a little the mouse on
    >it you see a tooltip saying "options".

    Awesome!! Thanks so much, that did the trick!

    Galaxy, Jul 3, 2004