    (It's a pretty crappy teleconverter - puts a little blue spot in the
    middle of every photo - but I'm still curious and haven't been able to
    google up the answer.)
    Cynicor, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    [BnH] Guest

    For AF-S lens you might want to use Nikon AF-S TC.
    The reason is that : when you mount it, good chance it will knock side to
    side with your rear lens element :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 22, 2005

  3. Cynicor

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > ... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
    >gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
    >Nikon 70-200 VR lens

    Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
    converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
    against nature"?

    :)
    Bill Hilton, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Cynicor

    Jer Guest

    [BnH] wrote:

    > The reason is that : when you mount it, good chance it will knock side to
    > side with your rear lens element :)

    Kinda reminds me of a girl I once knew. :)

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:
    >>... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
    >>gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
    >>Nikon 70-200 VR lens

    > Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
    > converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
    > against nature"?
    >
    > :)

    I was JUST trying to see into my neighbor's house. If there's a law
    against it I'd sure like to hear it.
    Cynicor, Aug 22, 2005
  6. Cynicor

    Jer Guest

    Cynicor wrote:
    > Bill Hilton wrote:
    >
    >>> ... they had a Spiratone 2x TelXtender for Nikon that they
    >>> gave me for $10 ... I put it on a Nikon D70 with a
    >>> Nikon 70-200 VR lens

    >> Shudder ... there should be a law against putting a $10 Spiratone 2x
    >> converter on a great lens like this ... "abuse of equipment"? "crimes
    >> against nature"?
    >>
    >> :)

    > I was JUST trying to see into my neighbor's house. If there's a law
    > against it I'd sure like to hear it.

    There isn't. If they forget to close the drapes, it's their problem.
    I've photographed people who left them open intentionally for their own
    nefarious reasons and I send a pizza and a six-pack over to get them
    ready for Act II. :)

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'