Manual Speedlite 420 EX

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Winston van Dijk, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?

    Winston
    Winston van Dijk, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Winston van Dijk

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Winston van Dijk" <> wrote in message
    news:3fb6bff8$0$58708$4all.nl...
    > Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?
    >
    > Winston

    I did a brief search, and as expected I came up blank. The problem is that
    the manual is copyrighted by Canon, and unauthorized reproduction is
    prohibited. Others may have better luck or different opinions, but I believe
    this is correct.

    Joe Arnold
    PhotoMan, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Winston van Dijk

    PhotoMan Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Winston van Dijk" <> wrote in message
    > > Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?

    > I did a brief search, and as expected I came up blank. The problem is that
    > the manual is copyrighted by Canon, and unauthorized reproduction is
    > prohibited. Others may have better luck or different opinions, but I

    believe
    > this is correct.

    This may be of some assistance:
    http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/
    PhotoMan, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Winston van Dijk

    Jim Townsend Guest

    PhotoMan wrote:

    > "Winston van Dijk" <> wrote in message
    >> Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?
    >>
    >> Winston

    > I did a brief search, and as expected I came up blank. The problem is that
    > the manual is copyrighted by Canon, and unauthorized reproduction is
    > prohibited. Others may have better luck or different opinions, but I believe
    > this is correct.

    It's funny. Canon supplies PDF versions of their digital Camera owner's
    manuals for download that are exact in every detail. Yet, as you say.. They
    don't post the owner's manuals for their flashes.. (I've searched
    extensively).

    Odd..
    Jim Townsend, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Winston van Dijk

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Jim Townsend <> wrote:
    >PhotoMan wrote:
    >> "Winston van Dijk" <> wrote in message

    >>> Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?

    >> I did a brief search, and as expected I came up blank. The problem is that
    >> the manual is copyrighted by Canon, and unauthorized reproduction is
    >> prohibited. Others may have better luck or different opinions, but I believe
    >> this is correct.

    >It's funny. Canon supplies PDF versions of their digital Camera owner's
    >manuals for download that are exact in every detail. Yet, as you say.. They
    >don't post the owner's manuals for their flashes.. (I've searched
    >extensively).

    In fact you cannot even find decent information about their flashes
    online. How to use them, when all their capabilities are, what
    they'll do with your camera.

    Old style. "Here's what we have - take it or leave it."

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Winston van Dijk

    Mark B. Guest

    "Winston van Dijk" <> wrote in message
    > Where can I find the manual for the speedlite 420 EX on the Internet?
    >
    > Winston

    What do you need to know? The 420EX is an 'auto-only' flash, and only works
    with Canon E-TTL compatible camera bodies. There's a switch for high-speed
    flash sync, and a couple buttons for wireless operation.

    Mark
    Mark B., Nov 16, 2003
  7. Winston van Dijk

    firmin