    for the flash or other info on how to use it?

    Thanks for the assistance.

    CJ

    Carboranadum, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Carboranadum

    Mark B. Guest

    "Carboranadum" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > I'm quite lucky today in that a friend gave me a basically new flash
    > that he had used for a few years on his EOS (now dead). I find that I
    > know basically nothing about the flash or how to use it (don't
    > laugh...this is my first non-manual flash. I'm connecting it to my
    > Canon 300D. Anyone know where I can find a copy of the owners manual
    > for the flash or other info on how to use it?
    >
    > Thanks for the assistance.
    >
    > CJ

    The 420EX will work in auto mode on the 300D. There really isn't much else
    to know. I don't know if the 300D supports high-speed sync, but if it does
    that's what the switch on the upper right is for. Green dot for normal
    operation, H for high speed sync (shutter speeds above 1/200). The small
    black switch on the foot is for wireless - off when it's connected directly
    to the hotshoe (or through an off-camera cable), 'Slave' for wireless
    operation triggered by an ST-E2 or 550EX on the camera. The 2 buttons above
    that tell it the Channel & Group it fires with. Set it to the same channel
    as the master flash, not sure about the Group as I haven't done anything
    with that yet. It's always on A for me.

    Read the camera manual as well.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 18, 2003