    Has anyone tried a manual focus lens on a Digital Rebel? Will my 600mm Sigma
    mirror work? It does fine with 35mm Rebels.
    Lew
    Lew, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Lew

    DHB Guest

    Lew,
    if it woks fine with a 35mm Rebel it should work OK with the Digital
    Rebel / 300D as well however I would strongly advise you use the following:

    <1> A very stable tripod
    <2> An wired or wireless shutter release
    <3> Very brightly lit subjects.

    Best of luck getting the focus correct because due to the DOF 1.6x crop
    factor it's going to act like a 960mm 19.2 power lens with a very shallow
    depth of field!

    Respectfully, DHB

    DHB, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Lew

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Lew" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone tried a manual focus lens on a Digital Rebel? Will my 600mm

    Sigma
    > mirror work? It does fine with 35mm Rebels.
    > Lew

    I use several different T-Mount lenses on my EOS 35mm bodies AND the dReb.
    PhotoMan, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Lew

    jean Guest

    I do too, works fine. Put the camera in Av mode and let it choose the
    speed. You may find you need to use higher ISO settings very often because
    with such long lenses (and probably slow too [as in high f stop]) not much
    light reaches the sensor but the Drebel work quite well at ISO800.

    Jean

    jean, Nov 24, 2003