    take out the X's when responding.] Or will I have to back to Edit |
    Preferences (etc.) each time?

    TIA, Arthur
    Arthur Whitter, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Arthur Whitter

    Rob Guest

    I have Z;s around my address.
    Remove Z;s to reply directly.

    It's called munging.
    Here's some info;
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    --
    Rob B
    http://www.techhowto.org

    Rob, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Arthur Whitter

    Shel-hed Guest

    There is no way to do this in 4.8
    Depending on how you use the program, using profiles may solve your problem.

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:58:40 GMT, Arthur Whitter <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Sep 26, 2003
  4. One way to do this in 4.8 is to create another profile and login to
    Netscape separately for email and newsgroups. A royal pain, I agree,
    right up there with changing it in Preferences. I've writing this on
    4.79; it's easier to do this with Netscape 6 and later, I think.

    Another choice is to use MS's Outlook Express for newsgroups and keep
    Netscape for email, or vice versa - you can keep them both open on your
    desktop at once.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 26, 2003
  5. Arthur Whitter

    Richard Guest

    Arthur wrote:

    > Hi.

    > Running 98 SE and Communicator 4.8.

    > Is there a way that I can post to newsgroups with a mangled address
    > while simultaneously giving my real address in the e-mails I send?
    > [Some of my recipients are newbies who may not know how to (for
    > example)
    > take out the X's when responding.] Or will I have to back to Edit |
    > Preferences (etc.) each time?

    > TIA, Arthur

    Use a seperate newsreader or mail handler.
    Richard, Sep 26, 2003
  6. Arthur Whitter

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away Arthur Whitter was alleged to have

    --
    If you upgrade to Netscape 7.1 or Mozilla you will be able to set up
    different identities for mail and news. Easily.
    DT, Sep 26, 2003