    our internal IP is 192.168.x.x and mask 255.255.240.0.The ISP provided me two ip addresses (194.170.X.X and mask 255.255.255.252)one for router interface another one for wan interface.But already i am using my fe0 interface for the gateway.My issue is how I can manage the traffic from the both side into one interface?.

    Rgds,
    Antony

    antokkuly, Jun 24, 2006

  2. antokkuly

    keshav

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    You need to decide whether you want to keep both ISP links ? If so is there any specific need like Active - Standby or load balancing ?

    Also where do you decide to place your mail & web server ? do you have a firewall ? Are the ip's for mail & web server natted ? If so where the natting takes place ? which ISP ip do u nat for mail & web server ?

    This is because certain ISP's would not accept traffic from other ISP to hit their backbone ...

    Since you do not have 2 cisco routers for either ISP and one is ADSL , load balancing through BGP is not possible.

    So takecare of ISP redundancy in firewall or you can go without ISP redundancy. This means you can use browsing through ISP1 and web & mail server traffic through ISP2 which can be achieved by using policy based route.

    keshav, Jun 25, 2006

  3. antokkuly

    antokkuly

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Cisco - Manage two Internet connection in one router

    Yes I have decided to browse the internet for all users through ISP1(ADSL).
    For mail server I want to use only the ISP2(Leased Line).What kind of routing policy I can use for this Issue?.Both lines are from the same ISP.I want to use the NAT from global mode.will it work.Shall I use the access list to control the traffic?.Please help me.

    Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
    antokkuly, Jun 26, 2006