    Zoom.

    --
    Jimmy
    JimmyG, Nov 18, 2005

  2. JimmyG

    Paul Heslop Guest

    JimmyG wrote:

    > Has anybody here had any experience with this ballhead?
    >
    > I'm looking for alternatives to the Kirk or Arca heads for my 200-400 VR
    > Zoom.
    >
    > --
    > Jimmy

    I thought you were just letting off steam :O)

    --
    Paul (Dear Sir, I have a complaint)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Nov 18, 2005

  3. JimmyG

    Mardon Guest

    "JimmyG" <> wrote...
    > Has anybody here had any experience with this ballhead?
    > I'm looking for alternatives to the Kirk or Arca heads for my 200-400 VR
    > Zoom.
    > Jimmy

    I'm interested too. As described in a post I made to this group on Nov
    11th, I was about to order an RRS BH-55. Someone I know then suggested that
    I consider a Manfrotto model 468MG hydrostatic head instead. The Manfrotto
    sells for US$350 and the BH-55 sells for US$455. I'm still inclined to
    order the BH-55 but maybe I'll wait a day or two now to see if anyone
    comments on Manfrotto's hydrostatic heads.
    Mardon, Nov 18, 2005
  4. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    I too am waiting for input from other sources, as well.

    I'm leaning towards the Kirk & Arca heads. If adaptable for my needs, the
    Manfrotto would be a savings of about $200!

    I'm trying to find out if the long head is adaptable to Arca plates, & if
    the long plate will work well on my lens' foot. Manfrotto has responded
    reasonably well in the past.
    JimmyG, Nov 19, 2005
  5. JimmyG

    Doug Warner Guest

    "Mardon" <> wrote:

    >I'm interested too. As described in a post I made to this group on Nov
    >11th, I was about to order an RRS BH-55. Someone I know then suggested that
    >I consider a Manfrotto model 468MG hydrostatic head instead. The Manfrotto
    >sells for US$350 and the BH-55 sells for US$455. I'm still inclined to
    >order the BH-55 but maybe I'll wait a day or two now to see if anyone
    >comments on Manfrotto's hydrostatic heads.

    I needed one for my monopod, and wanted a way to release it without
    shifting my grip, and to have the smallest swing radius possible.
    I modified a couple of Manfrotto grip-release ballheads for this
    purpose.
    I'm not sure which one I'm going to keep.

    http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/MonoBall.jpg
    http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/MonoBall2.jpg

    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
    Doug Warner, Nov 19, 2005
  6. JimmyG

    DMC Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:34:27 -0800, "JimmyG" <> wrote:

    >Has anybody here had any experience with this ballhead?
    >
    >I'm looking for alternatives to the Kirk or Arca heads for my 200-400 VR
    >Zoom.

    I have been using the 468MGRC4 for a few months now and I am very happy with it.
    Very smooth locking action and very solid. I showed it to a friend who uses a
    Markins head, and he was impressed with the smoothness of the locking mechanism
    (a trait of the Markins, I understand).

    I use this with a 500/4, 80-400 lenses mounted to a D2x. The 468MG head is
    attached to a Manfrotto 443 tripod.

    ..Dan
    DMC, Nov 20, 2005