Mandatory Profiles and GP's again...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Matthew Strickland, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    Im working at a school and have decided to change back to mandatory profiles
    for all students. However now it seems I cant get the GPO to apply AFTER the
    mandatory profile.
    Ive created a mandatory profile from a 'test user' with similar credentials
    as the students (same instructions as kbid=323368), Ive shared this on the
    server and renamed ntuser.dat ntuser.man. When testing from a client,
    logging on as 'test user' works, but any other student:

    a) does not assign the GPO

    b) fails to map the printer (I get an I/O overlapped error)

    c) fails to load Word (Office Assistant failed to load)

    d) fails to load Publisher due to a lack of space on C Drive (this isn't
    the case)

    This is really frustrating. Roaming profiles worked fine (except they are
    just too slow)

    Do I need to edit the ntuser.man as a hive in regedit? (As there are heaps
    of keys in here I don't need)

    Basically im asking how do I create a clean profile? Without all the office,
    adobe, security settings stuff? - as I apply this via the GPO.

    Matt

    I have similar errors to these as a reference.

    http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=878985

    http://www.computing.net/windows2003/wwwboard/forum/1171.html

    Matthew Strickland, Aug 30, 2004