    Thanks
    Kailash
    , Feb 10, 2006

  2. Kailash,

    Unfortunately,

    There is a known bug (not yet fixed) in WLSE that prevents it from being able
    to manage access points with an "AIR-LAP" rather than "AIR-AP" part number.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    CSCsc68526
    WLSE cannot manage LAP AP models running autonomous IOS

    Release-note: Added 051202

    <B>Symptom:</B>

    WLSE 2.12 or 2.13 will be unable to manage an access point running autonomous
    IOS (12.3JA train, through 12.3(7)JA2), if the AP's part number begins with AIR-LAP
    rather than AIR-AP. CDP discovery on such APs will fail, and the job run log will
    show: "The device is not supported".

    <B>Conditions:</B>

    Trying to deploy an access point that was ordered with LWAPP IOS
    installed (AIR-LAP*), but that later had autonomous IOS (12.3JA train)
    installed on it.

    <B>Workaround:</B>

    Replace the AIR-LAP hardware model with the equivalent AIR-AP model.

    <B>Further Problem Description:</B>

    For the AIR-LAP hardware models, autonomous IOS reports a sysObjectID,
    such as .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.11.2.1, that WLSE does not recognize.

    ---

    ~ Hi,
    ~
    ~ We are trying to manage a AIR-LAP1232AG-E-K9 version IOS12.3(7)JA2 - we
    ~ changed the IOS to a Cisco one - by a WLSE 1130 (release 2.12FCS) and
    ~ we are getting the following error: The device is not supported.
    ~
    ~ Anyone ever tried to do that with some success?
    ~
    ~ Thanks
    ~ Kailash
    Aaron Leonard, Feb 10, 2006