    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    22:38:58 up 1 day, 11:46, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00

    alexd, Jun 9, 2008

  2. alexd wrote:
    > What sort of management tools do the 4400 series WLAN controllers come
    > with out of the box? Anything comparable to SDM/ASDM?

    They have built-in web interface, CLI and SNMP. If you have few of those
    and want some centralized management option, WCS would be the answer.

    Regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Jun 9, 2008

  3. Thrill5 wrote:
    > WCS is really only useful if you have a large wireless deployment with
    > multiple Wireless LAN controllers. The web-interface on the Cisco Wireless
    > LAN controllers is very good for configuring and monitoring. WCS is a
    > manager of Wireless LAN Controllers and rolls up alarms and events from
    > multiple WLC's into a single console.
    >

    > "Andrey Tarasov" <> wrote in message
    >> alexd wrote:
    >>> What sort of management tools do the 4400 series WLAN controllers come
    >>> with out of the box? Anything comparable to SDM/ASDM?

    >> They have built-in web interface, CLI and SNMP. If you have few of those
    >> and want some centralized management option, WCS would be the answer.

    I did deployments where people were buying WCS for just 2 controllers.
    If you want to see heatmaps or track some wireless clients - can't do
    that on controller alone.

    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Jun 10, 2008