    don't want to go out and buy another db-9 connector and shrink wrap since
    the electronic store is about one hour from here. I do however have
    crimpers. Could this be done?? Appreciate any help.
    Pastor, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Pastor wrote:

    > I need to know how to build a management cable for the Cisco 678. Cisco has
    > a website with a look at one but I don't have the same db-9 adapter they
    > have. I'm using a db-9 to RJ-45 adapter then a CAT 5 cable. If anyone can
    > tell me the pin-out for the cable on both ends of RJ-45 connectors---> then
    > going into RJ-45 slot on db-9 connector (need pin out for wires inside). I
    > don't want to go out and buy another db-9 connector and shrink wrap since
    > the electronic store is about one hour from here. I do however have
    > crimpers. Could this be done?? Appreciate any help.

    Does this help? http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/600pinout.html
    I found this by entering cisco 6xx series console cable into google.

    You will have to check the wiring layout inside your db-9 to rj45
    adapter, and either rewire the adapter or make a new rj45-rj45 cable
    with a pinout such that the net result becomes that from the website.

    --
    Joop van der Velden
    Joop van der Velden, Dec 28, 2003

  3. I once did this memo, on converting a Cisco-blue rollover cable into c600
    cable:

    Cisco RollOver Blue Cable (Flat)

    RJ45 pin1 = BLUE connects to Cisco DP9 TERMINAL Adapter.
    Other End gets cut and replaced with new wiring:

    DP9: - Rollovercolor: - NEW RJ45
    1 NC
    2 yellow 6
    3 black 5
    4 orange
    5 red 4
    6 brown
    7 blue
    8 gray
    9 NC

    Reference:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/794/600pinout.html

    As you see only 3 wires are needed on the c600.

    HTH
    Martin Bilgrav¨

    Martin Bilgrav, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Pastor

    Pastor Guest

    Thanks to both of you that responded. I'll give it a shot.

    Pastor, Dec 29, 2003