    packaged within in paper folders or something? I don't want to purchase
    this release if the DVDs are guaranteed to be scratched to hell due to
    shipping. Anyone know how the discs are packaged inside the case?
    djskyler, Nov 20, 2003

  2. djskyler

    Dennis Kuhn Guest

    "djskyler" <> wrote in message news:<0r%ub.9913$>...
    > I know most people couldn't give a rats ass about this release, but did
    > anyone out there pick up "The Man Show Season 1, Volume 2?" Handling the
    > boxes at my local Best Buy, I found the discs were bouncing around inside
    > the package as if they were loosely tossed in without cases. Are they
    > packaged within in paper folders or something? I don't want to purchase
    > this release if the DVDs are guaranteed to be scratched to hell due to
    > shipping. Anyone know how the discs are packaged inside the case?

    Don't know about that particular release, but I do know that is an
    issue for other boxed sets. I had to bring back my Buffy Season 3 set
    to the store, and the clerk and I had to open two more box sets just
    to get one set WITHOUT scratched disks for me to take home.

    I'd suggest doing what you're probably already doing... shake the box
    set to see if there's anything loose in there before going to the
    counter. Sure, you'll look like an old lady in the produce aisle
    squeezing fruit, but it'll cut down on trips back to the store.

    Oh, and of course, keep your receipt. :)

    Dennis
    Dennis Kuhn, Nov 20, 2003

  3. djskyler

    JB Guest

    Hey there.

    I thought the same thing and then someone asked me if I remembered the
    ad from the Best Buy paper that week talking about a free set of
    "coasters" with the purchase.....and behold....the loose things that I
    heard in my box were the cheesy coasters they give you for free.

    Jeffman
    JB, Nov 20, 2003
  4. djskyler

    djskyler Guest

    Thanks for your reply, I would have never guessed coasters, lol.

    djskyler, Nov 22, 2003