    I'm just wondering if they are going to remove all the fuzzy editing
    they had for the on-air broadcasts for segments like "Household tips
    from adult porn stars". Does anyone know?
    Jason, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Jason

    H.L. Guest

    (Jason) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I just saw that Comedy Central's "The Man Show" is coming out on dvd.
    > I'm just wondering if they are going to remove all the fuzzy editing
    > they had for the on-air broadcasts for segments like "Household tips
    > from adult porn stars". Does anyone know?

    I picked up "The Man Show" season 1 today and it's a fairly poor
    presentation of the show. To answer your question, all of the nudity
    is still censored just as it originally aired on TV. Even the
    "never-before-seen" bonus clips have censored nudity. However, it
    seems like the "bleeps" over the language were removed for the DVD.
    The picture quality is very bad on many of the episodes. In some
    portions it looks like a bad "quicktime" movie streaming over the
    Internet because of all the pixelation and graininess. It looks like
    Comedy Central put next to no effort into this box set, which is a big
    dissapointment considering it's one of their highest rated shows.
    I still like having the box set because I find the show hilarious
    (even in its censored form), but it's only worth it if you don't want
    to make the effort to tape it off Comedy Central. Let's hope Season 2
    is presented _far_ better.

    Hooptie
    H.L., Jun 25, 2003

  3. On 24 Jun 2003 20:04:10 -0700, (H.L.) wrote:
    >I picked up "The Man Show" season 1 today and it's a fairly poor
    >presentation of the show. To answer your question, all of the nudity
    >is still censored just as it originally aired on TV. Even the
    >"never-before-seen" bonus clips have censored nudity. However, it
    >seems like the "bleeps" over the language were removed for the DVD.
    >The picture quality is very bad on many of the episodes. In some
    >portions it looks like a bad "quicktime" movie streaming over the
    >Internet because of all the pixelation and graininess. It looks like
    >Comedy Central put next to no effort into this box set, which is a big
    >dissapointment considering it's one of their highest rated shows.
    >I still like having the box set because I find the show hilarious
    >(even in its censored form), but it's only worth it if you don't want
    >to make the effort to tape it off Comedy Central. Let's hope Season 2
    >is presented _far_ better.

    They put even less effort into their HIGHEST-rated show, South Park,
    so you probably shouldn't be so surprised...
    ChessPieceFace, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Jason

    Guest

    ChessPieceFace <> wrote:
    : On 24 Jun 2003 20:04:10 -0700, (H.L.) wrote:

    : They put even less effort into their HIGHEST-rated show, South Park,
    : so you probably shouldn't be so surprised...

    No kidding. The South Park set was so bad I returned it. :p

    Jamie
    , Jun 25, 2003
  5. Mmmmmm...Juggy Angelique. How I'd like to romp on the trampoline with her.

    Ransack The Elder, Jun 26, 2003
  6. "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > That sucks. CC blew it yet again. Since they will probably have TMS in
    > syndication for decades there is no need for me to buy the DVD then.
    > Thanks for saving me a disappointing purchase.

    Yep, put the Man Show DVD in my 'do not bother to buy' list.

    However, I may copy it.
    Ransack The Elder, Jun 26, 2003