    300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
    (Pentax screw) mount lens.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    Mike Guest

    "Siddhartha Jain" <> a écrit dans le message de
    news: ...
    > Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
    > 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
    > (Pentax screw) mount lens.
    >
    > - Siddhartha

    How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
    I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
    Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)

    - Mike

    Mike, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Mike wrote:
    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > news: ...
    > > Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
    > > 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
    > > (Pentax screw) mount lens.
    > >
    > > - Siddhartha
    > >

    > How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
    > I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
    > Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)
    >
    > - Mike

    You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
    no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
    these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
    glass element and allow focussing at infinity. I use a Pentax Super
    Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens on my 300D with the former type of adaptor.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 14, 2005
  4. Siddhartha Jain

    Mike wrote:
    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > news: ...
    > > Couldn't resist the urge and bought this lens to mate with my Canon
    > > 300D for some macro work. Does anyone else own this lens? Its a M42
    > > (Pentax screw) mount lens.
    > >
    > > - Siddhartha
    > >

    > How do you mount this on a 300 D ?
    > I have a lot of old screw mount Pentax lenses.... and a D Rebel.
    > Would only close up or macro work be possible (i.e. no infinite focus?)
    >
    > - Mike

    You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
    no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
    these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
    glass element and allow focussing at infinity. I use a Pentax Super
    Takumar 50mm f/1.4 lens on my 300D with the former type of adaptor.

    - Siddhartha
    ______________________

    Thanks, very much informative!
    - Mike

    Mike, Oct 14, 2005
  5. Siddhartha Jain wrote:
    > You can get a M42-to-EOS adaptor for about $12 on ebay. This is a
    > no-glass adaptor and does not allow focus at infinity. Other than
    > these, you can find more expensive adaptors for M42 lenses that have a
    > glass element and allow focussing at infinity.

    A correction: A properly made no-glass adapter _will_ allow a M42 screw
    mount lens to focus to infinity on an EOS body.

    Peter Marquis-Kyle

    Peter Marquis-Kyle, Oct 14, 2005