    appreciated.

    TIA,

    DaveT

    Deaf Mellon MESA, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Deaf Mellon MESA

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Deaf Mellon MESA wrote:
    > The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
    > pictures
    > of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
    > agility
    > competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
    > tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
    > pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
    > knows what decent photos
    > look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
    > thinking a better
    > lense, fewer pixels.
    >
    > Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
    > be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > DaveT

    Think something like the Kodak 6340. Easy to use, pretty flexible, and
    ok for sports in strong light.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Deaf Mellon MESA

    BillS Guest

    (Deaf Mellon MESA) wrote in message news:<>...
    > The wife wants a digital camera for X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
    > pictures
    > of her dog, photos for web sites she builds. Her dog will be doing
    > agility
    > competition, so I guess "sports" would be a requirement. I'll have to
    > tech support the thing, she'll want to hook it up to her Dell WinXP
    > pro PC. USB would be nice. She already has a Cannon SLR 35mm so she
    > knows what decent photos
    > look like. She's thinking a 4-5 megapixel would be good. I'm
    > thinking a better
    > lense, fewer pixels.
    >
    > Budget is $300.00. Any help pointing me in the right direction would
    > be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > DaveT

    I got my wife a Canon S-45 digital camera back in May. I had been
    strictly a 35 mm guy myself, but now I'm thinking of going digital.
    The camera is great and if you search froogle.com you can find it for
    right around your budget.

    The pics are great, although I use photoshop to fix the red eye.

    Bill
    www.bestbuyflowers.com – finding you the best buys on flowers

    BillS, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Deaf Mellon MESA

    GLC1173 Guest

    Deaf Mellon wrote:
    >The wife wants a digital camera for >X-Mas. She'll use it for taking
    >pictures of her dog, photos for web sites >she builds.

    Look on eBay for a used Canon Photoshot S200 - the final sale price will be
    well under your $300 max, and the digicam will do all that easily.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    <B>Dissident news - plus immigration, gun rights, nationwide weather
    <I><A HREF="http://www.alamanceind.com">ALAMANCE INDEPENDENT:
    official newspaper of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy</A></b></i>

    GLC1173, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Deaf Mellon MESA

    Richard Guest

    Don't know the price in dollars,but a Fuji S602z would be good. Fast
    shutter/lag 3.1megapixel CCD (Upto 6.1megapixels).

    Maybe its a little much for $300?

    Have a look at imaging-resource.com and 'Daves Picks' under sport.

    Richard

    (Deaf Mellon MESA) wrote in

    Richard, Nov 20, 2003
  6. < Any help pointing me in the right direction would
    > be
    > appreciated.

    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

    DaveT