    Aside not using mIRC, what is a solution to stop that intrusion ?

    Thank you.

    Jaypie

    Jaypie, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Jaypie

    one_red_eye Guest

    "Jaypie" <> wrote in message
    news:3nTfc.33106$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Everytime I use mIRC, there's a worm installing itself without my knowing
    > and it is called :
    > bkdr.ircflood.x
    >
    > It is detected through an online scan ( Trend Micro ) as AVG does not see
    > it.
    >
    > Aside not using mIRC, what is a solution to stop that intrusion ?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Jaypie

    Have you tried downloading the IRC program from a different location?

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.

    one_red_eye, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Jaypie

    dfederic Guest

    Do a search at cexx.org http://boards.cexx.org/search.php?mode=results
    Some one there has a problem and solution to the basic bkdr. malware.

    dfederic, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Jaypie

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:3nTfc.33106$,
    Jaypie captured everyone's attention with this jabberwocky:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Everytime I use mIRC, there's a worm installing itself without my
    > knowing and it is called :
    > bkdr.ircflood.x
    >
    > It is detected through an online scan ( Trend Micro ) as AVG does not
    > see it.
    >
    > Aside not using mIRC, what is a solution to stop that intrusion ?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Jaypie

    What Firewall are you using? Accept *no files from any other person. Do
    not go DCC if MIRC still provides that feature. Excuse me...it has been
    years since I've used mIRC. My suggestions except for the firewall takes
    all the fun out of it.

    Juan Pérez, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Jaypie

    °Mike° Guest

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Safe Computing Guide
    http://www.trendmicro.com/pc-cillin/vinfo/safe_computing/

    Protect your PC
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/protect.asp

    Safe Computing Practice
    http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/safe2000.htm

    Safe Computing Practices (Safe Hex)
    http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtsafecompute.htm

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:56:49 -0400, in
    <3nTfc.33106$>
    Jaypie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 17, 2004
  6. Jaypie

    Jaypie Guest

    Hi, see inline for comments...
    "Juan Pérez" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > In news:3nTfc.33106$,
    > Jaypie captured everyone's attention with this jabberwocky:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Everytime I use mIRC, there's a worm installing itself without my
    > > knowing and it is called :
    > > bkdr.ircflood.x
    > >
    > > It is detected through an online scan ( Trend Micro ) as AVG does not
    > > see it.
    > >
    > > Aside not using mIRC, what is a solution to stop that intrusion ?
    > >
    > > Thank you.
    > >
    > > Jaypie

    > What Firewall are you using?

    I'm using ZA pro.
    Accept *no files from any other person.

    I never accept anything from anybody.
    > Do not go DCC if MIRC still provides that feature.

    I only get some mp3s once in a while for my listening pleasure.

    The antivirus is AVG Pro and it's updated on a regular basis but it does not
    reconize that worm.

    Jaypie

    Jaypie, Apr 17, 2004