    --

    Moke G.

    'the best person to run a country is the person who doesn't want the job.'

    Moke Gibboni, Jan 17, 2009

  2. Moke Gibboni

    Moke Gibboni Guest

    "Moke Gibboni" <> wrote in message
    news:2ercl.46$2...

    > I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same name,
    > but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a new thread
    > and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

    Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my posts
    to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

    Moke Gibboni, Jan 18, 2009

  3. Moke Gibboni wrote:

    > "Moke Gibboni" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same
    >> name, but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a
    >> new thread and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

    > Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my
    > posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

    Are you always talking to yourself, using "Re"'s without a reference in
    the message headers? At least that appears to us puzzled readers
    here :)

    wisdomkiller & pain, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Moke Gibboni

    Moke Gibboni Guest

    "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Moke Gibboni wrote:
    >

    >> "Moke Gibboni" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same
    >>> name, but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a
    >>> new thread and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

    >> Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my
    >> posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

    > Are you always talking to yourself, using "Re"'s without a reference in
    > the message headers? At least that appears to us puzzled readers
    > here :)

    Sorry Wis, not quite with you there. I was basically testing to see if my
    posts were actually being posted. Because of the many hours delay in VM
    transferring the messages to here, I was assuming that there was some fault
    with my PC. It now appears that the fault was with the server.

    I'm not expecting any response now to this particular thread, but the
    heading here is the same as the one below and I was inviting all the posters
    who had been involved with this particular discussion to see my conclusion
    in the original thread below this one.

    Apologies if my procedure isn't as it should be, but I'm a bit green on
    things like the 'correct' way of posting, not having posted a great deal
    over the years!

    Moke Gibboni, Jan 18, 2009
  5. Moke Gibboni

    Clot Guest

    Moke Gibboni wrote:
    > "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> Moke Gibboni wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Moke Gibboni" <> wrote in message

    >>> Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for
    >>> my posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

    I too am on VM and have recently been experiencing the same problem.
    Sometimes messages get through ok and sometimes not.

    Clot, Jan 18, 2009
  6. Moke Gibboni

    Mara Guest

    <snip>

    http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    --
    Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
    you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865

    Mara, Jan 18, 2009
  7. Moke Gibboni

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 02:43:37 -0000, Moke Gibboni wrote:

    >"Moke Gibboni" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same name,
    >> but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a new thread

    Not posting is not the same as not appearing somewhere else like on the
    VM server feed or another usenet server you may choose.

    >> and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

    >Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my posts
    >to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

    What, like on forever ongoing binary server performance? The source of
    lots of complaints in the internal vm usenet support group.

    Easy solution, use the text only server for non binary posts. Generally
    it's only a few seconds from the text server, to google, to giganews.

    Me

    why?, Jan 18, 2009