    like a movie projector with "1/2" next to it. Never figured out what that
    meant.

    Ken W.
    Ken W., Nov 23, 2003

  2. "Ken W." <> wrote in message
    news:GFZvb.1305$...
    > Is this what is called a bug?
    >
    > I was watching Mallrats from netflix. Periodically a white transparent

    Mallrats
    > logo
    > would flash at the bottom right of the screen. If that wasn't annoying

    enough,
    > an
    > on-screen indicator for the DVD player would flash on at the same time.

    It
    > looked
    > like a movie projector with "1/2" next to it. Never figured out what that
    > meant.

    It's not a defect. It's merely an indication for alternate-angle, or in
    this case it allows you to see them during the recording of the commentary.
    There is a way to turn it off, but I don't remember how off hand.
    Michael Black, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Ken W.

    napalm68 Guest

    Multi angle commentary feature. Should be able to deselect it from main menu

    napalm68, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Ken W.

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    In any case, it's your player, not the disc itself. The actual disc has a
    subtitle track that displays "Mallrats" as it appears on the poster when an
    alternate angle portion of the audio commentary is available, but only when the
    commentary is selected. If you saw a different icon, it's one your player
    generated. Check out your options menus to turn it off.
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi
    CLOSEDOWN8, Nov 23, 2003