    http://www.oozingbrain.com

    home to _Withered Spirits: The Works of Terry Lamsley_
    and _The Big F Webpage_ (diehards unite!)

    nomis, Dec 31, 2003

  2. nomis

    nomis Guest

    I've read a few good things about the Malata Compact DVP-393, especially
    about it's region-free abilities, but I can't get verification as to
    whether it's region-free out of the box or if I need to crack the
    firmware.

    Does anybody here know?

    nomis

    nomis, Jan 2, 2004

  3. nomis

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "nomis" <> wrote in message
    > I've read a few good things about the Malata Compact DVP-393, especially
    > about it's region-free abilities, but I can't get verification as to
    > whether it's region-free out of the box or if I need to crack the
    > firmware.
    >
    > Does anybody here know?

    I'm pretty sure it is - the below link confirms it.

    http://www.hkflix.com/hardware/malata_dvp-393.asp

    Jay Stewart, Jan 5, 2004