    Lroupsmails006, Jun 8, 2007

  2. Lroupsmails006

    Stewy Guest

    Re: Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster by dumping it and getting a Mac - you know it makes sense.

    In article <>,
    Lroupsmails006 <> wrote:

    > Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

    Think Mac!

    Stewy, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Lroupsmails006

    Krypto Guest

    Re: Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster by dumping it and getting a Mac - you know it makes sense.

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Lroupsmails006 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

    >Think Mac!

    No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
    excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
    one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC. Still much that
    is not MAC friendly on the net. Lots of software/internet sites are PC
    only because MAC has such a tiny marketshare that it's irrelevant to
    the PC world.
    That's why there hasn't been much of a response from the PC companies
    regarding the ridiculus and false MAC TV ads we are innundated with.
    We really could care less about you MAC wienies! PC's rule, get used
    to it!

    BTW: I used a MAC for about 10 years and I did like it, but for me the
    MAC world was too small. Also, you can't tell me MACS are completely
    trouble free as the MAC fanatics would have everyone believe. I know
    different. There are just as many MAC problems as PC problems. The PC
    that I have used for the last 6 years has been great and problem free.
    Yeah, there are more PC virii because malware writers target the
    biggest software user base, the PC. But you MAC guys are starting to
    get your own fair share of virus attacks too. On the other hand, the
    virus scare isn't that relevant unless you are so stupid as to not
    have an anti-virus program. I have yet to get a virus that my
    anti-virus software couldn't handle. So....yes there are more PC virus
    out there but it's never been a problem for me because AV software
    takes care of it.

    I am an ex MAC fantic myself but after learning to use a PC I would
    NEVER go back to a MAC.

    Lastly, I built my own PC to my specs. Try that with a MAC!

    Krypto, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Lroupsmails006

    Krypto <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > Lroupsmails006 <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

    > >Think Mac!

    > No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
    > excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
    > one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC. Still much that
    > is not MAC friendly on the net. Lots of software/internet sites are PC
    > only because MAC has such a tiny marketshare that it's irrelevant to
    > the PC world.

    Market share may have relevance but Mac hardware and software are
    designed to be used together. Have you ever had a PC that works
    perfectly straight out of the box?

    > That's why there hasn't been much of a response from the PC companies
    > regarding the ridiculus and false MAC TV ads we are innundated with.
    > We really could care less about you MAC wienies! PC's rule, get used
    > to it!

    You mean Microsoft rules, just take a look at those ridiculous options
    and flavours you get with the very late Vista - for a company with so
    much cash, how come it takes them so long to get something half right?

    I use my Mac for two languages - Japanese and English. While with an
    awful lot of wasted time fiddling with Windows, I can maybe get kanji up
    there on screen, the menus are still in English and no good for Japanese
    colleagues - so they use the Japanese OS. This gives me a problem.

    My iMac has 16 languages right there in System Preferences and switching
    between them is simple - just drag the language to the top and
    everything changes. Breathtakingly simple compared to the monolingual
    Windows crap.

    > BTW: I used a MAC for about 10 years and I did like it, but for me the
    > MAC world was too small. Also, you can't tell me MACS are completely
    > trouble free as the MAC fanatics would have everyone believe. I know
    > different. There are just as many MAC problems as PC problems. The PC
    > that I have used for the last 6 years has been great and problem free.
    > Yeah, there are more PC virii because malware writers target the
    > biggest software user base, the PC. But you MAC guys are starting to
    > get your own fair share of virus attacks too. On the other hand, the
    > virus scare isn't that relevant unless you are so stupid as to not
    > have an anti-virus program. I have yet to get a virus that my
    > anti-virus software couldn't handle. So....yes there are more PC virus
    > out there but it's never been a problem for me because AV software
    > takes care of it.

    Hackers aim malware at the biggest target. Microsoft didn't really give
    a damn in the past about viruses - Symantec probably begged MS to ignore
    the problem.

    > I am an ex MAC fantic myself but after learning to use a PC I would
    > NEVER go back to a MAC.
    >
    > Lastly, I built my own PC to my specs. Try that with a MAC!

    Why should I want to do that? The G5 is a super-duper whiz of a machine
    with so many option they'll build in for you. My humble G4 has lots of
    options I've never taken up - connections and built-in hardware for a
    second monitor, for example.

    I do have a 2.8ghz PC running WinXP which I use for ripping DVDs and
    printing monochrome, but the blue screen of death is a common sight and
    if an app crashes, usually the OS does too. The Mac OS seems impervious
    to app crashes.

    Stewy, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Lroupsmails006

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 9, 3:08 pm, Krypto <> wrote:
    >I have yet to get a virus that my anti-virus software couldn't handle.

    That's because they are both written by the same people.

    Annika1980, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Re: Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster by dumping it and getting a Mac - you know it makes sense.

    Stewy wrote:
    []
    > I do have a 2.8ghz PC running WinXP which I use for ripping DVDs and
    > printing monochrome, but the blue screen of death is a common sight
    > and if an app crashes, usually the OS does too. The Mac OS seems
    > impervious to app crashes.

    Windows XP does not crash simply from burning DVDs or printing. You seem
    to have a faulty application, or faulty hardware.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 10, 2007
  7. Lroupsmails006

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Stewy wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Lroupsmails006 <> wrote:
    >
    >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

    > Think Mac!

    About as much sense as shooting off your toes so you can wear smaller
    shoe size.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 10, 2007
  8. Lroupsmails006

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Krypto <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:47:09 +0900, Stewy <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > Lroupsmails006 <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster

    > >Think Mac!

    > No. Think of the numerous sites/software that are PC only! The
    > excellent Curvemeister software and training course (PC only) is but
    > one of many examples of why you shouldn't buy a MAC.

    Why not? Such web sites are few and far between. With a modern Mac, you
    can easily run Windows XP or Vista for those few occasions where Windows
    is needed and still run Mac OS X the rest of the time. I run both
    Windows XP and Mac OS X on my MacPro at work daily and the combination
    works fine. I use Mac OS X for probably 90% of the work I do, then for
    the few things I need Windows XP for, I simply click on my virtual
    Windows XP window and do what I need to do, no big deal.

    Shawn Hirn, Jun 10, 2007