making WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER default viewer?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aaronep@pacbell.net, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have several icons on my Windows XP Pro Desktop that reference jpg
    pictures.
    Previously, when I depressed the icon with the mouse button, the
    picture would appear on the screen using WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX
    VIEWER.

    Recently I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 3. I also installed some
    new pix icons on the Desktop. When I depress the icon for the newer
    pix, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 pops up on the screen with the desired
    pix one the Photoshop Elements screen.

    What should I do so that ALL pix icons on the desktop are accessed only
    by WINDOWS PIX AND FAX VIEWER? Adobe may be desirable for editing
    pix, but immediate viewing is faster with WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX
    VIEWER.

    All replies welcomed!

    Aaron in N. Hollywood

    , Sep 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    I have found the answer. The procedure was described in a 2003 post.
    No need to post a reply to my previous post!

    best, Aaron

    , Sep 16, 2005