    --
    = Wake Up
    America =

    Dave, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Dave

    Drifter Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:02:03 GMT, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make a large poster from
    >a picture file, without loosing quality?
    >
    >PS: Newbie question:
    >What is meant be crossposting and top posting? Why is it considered bad
    >to do them?

    There are many programs. Go to Google.com and type in "poster print"
    or similar and you'll get several hits. However you will loose at
    least some quality as the programs will have to create more pixels to
    fill up the extra space.

    As for top vs bottom posting...

    Top posting means posting your replies at the top of the thread. On a
    long thread it makes it easier to see the latest replies without
    having to scroll down through everything.

    Bottom posting (like this) is posting below the previous thread.

    I'm one of those who don't really care which way people do it as long
    as they are consistent. It gets confusing and hard to follow a thread
    when people keep alternating between top and bottom.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thank you Drifter.
    Love your tag line.

    Dave, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Dave

    Plato Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make a large poster from
    > a picture file, without loosing quality?

    Impossible. You HAVE to lose quality when enlarging.

    Plato, Nov 12, 2004
  5. Dave

    me Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you Drifter.
    > Love your tag line.

    But it's missing a bit ...

    me, Nov 12, 2004
  6. Not if it is viewed at the same ratio/distance.

    Internet Traveler, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Dave

    Drifter Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:28:51 -0800, "Internet Traveler" <>
    wrote:

    >> Impossible. You HAVE to lose quality when enlarging.

    >>>Not if it is viewed at the same ratio/distance.

    Perceived quality has nothing to do with actual quality. If you
    enlarge there WILL be quality loss even if you are unable to see it.
    Of course if you can't see it (because it's a billboard 30 feet in the
    air or whatever) then it the question is "does it matter", but that is
    philosophy, not physics. <grin>.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Nov 14, 2004