    automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
    Support Centre advice.

    Leopold
    Leopold, Nov 4, 2007

  2. Leopold

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:47:39 -0000, "Leopold"
    <> wrote:

    >Please somebody, help!
    >
    >I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
    >since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
    >automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
    >Support Centre advice.

    And how did you make them smaller before?

    Any photo editing program will do the trick.
    Evan Platt, Nov 4, 2007

  3. Leopold

    ChairMan Guest

    In news:,
    Leopold <>spewed forth:
    > Please somebody, help!
    >
    > I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for
    > e-mailing, since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to
    > do it automatically, I've tried just about everything including the
    > Help and Support Centre advice.
    >
    > Leopold

    Image resizer?

    ChairMan, Nov 4, 2007
  4. Leopold

    sittingduck Guest

    Leopold wrote:

    > I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
    > since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP).

    Image resizer might work.

    http://www.irfanview.com/
    A much better, and more powerful solution.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGNpiUUMjtk crop/resize tutorial using Irfanview

    RESIZING LARGE IMAGES USING IRFANVIEW:
    http://www.somewhere-in-time.net/tutorial/irfanview/

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    sittingduck, Nov 4, 2007
  5. Leopold

    JANA Guest

    You can left click on any blank place on your desktop, and then press F1 for
    help. There is a search prompt at the upper left. There is also a lot of
    information that can be searched on the MS site, or doing a simple Google
    search.

    Below is from Windows Help. Search text used, " photo ".

    To send a photo in e-mail

    1.. Open My Pictures, and then open the folder containing the photo you
    want to send in e-mail.
    2.. Click the photo you want to send.
    3.. Under File and Folder Tasks, click E-mail this file.
    4.. In the Send Pictures via E-mail dialog box, click Make all my pictures
    smaller.
    Windows makes a smaller photo file and attaches it to an e-mail message
    that displays a default subject and text message.

    5.. In the To box, type the e-mail address of the person to receive the
    picture, change the subject and message text if you want, and then click
    Send.
    Notes

    a.. To open My Pictures, double-click the My Documents icon on your
    desktop, and then double-click the My Pictures folder.
    b.. Use this procedure for photos of file size greater than 64 kilobytes
    (KB). To check the file size of your photo, right-click the file, click
    Properties, and look at Size.
    c.. To send the photo without reducing the size of the file, click Keep
    the original sizes.
    d.. To change the settings for the size of the image, click Show more
    options.
    e.. If you have many pictures to share with others, you can publish them
    to the Web instead of sending them in e-mail. For more information, click
    Related Topics.
    Related Topics

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Nov 5, 2007
  6. Leopold

    Leopold Guest

    Thank you all for taking the trouble of helping me to sort out the problem
    of 'Making my Pictures Smaller', In the end however, I managed to resolve it
    by carrying out another System Restore
    Many thanks again.

    Leopold

    Leopold, Nov 5, 2007
  7. Leopold

    ellis_jay Guest

    Leopold wrote:
    > Please somebody, help!
    >
    > I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for
    > e-mailing, since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to
    > do it automatically, I've tried just about everything including the
    > Help and Support Centre advice.
    >
    > Leopold

    http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

    http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html

    I use them both.

    --
    When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
    not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Nov 6, 2007
  8. Leopold

    Plato Guest

    Leopold wrote:

    > I seem to have lost the ability to make pictures smaller for e-mailing,
    > since doing a restore (I'm using Windows XP). It used to do it
    > automatically, I've tried just about everything including the Help and
    > Support Centre advice.

    Try:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    GENERAL TOOLS