    when I go to email them. Some of the services like hotmail etc. reject them
    as too big. I understand there are some programs that will somehow shrink
    them in size for shipping. I am using Jpeg format currently.
    Allen, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Allen

    Pepperoni Guest

    There are dozens of free photo utilities out there. check zdnet.
    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2192-9607959.html?tag=lst-0-5

    Since you only want to resize, try Photo Resizer.
    When you resize, change the file name slightly, or save to a new folder to
    prevent overwriting the original photo.

    Pepperoni, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Allen

    Bax Guest

    The odds are your camera came with some software that can do this.
    As another poster said, there are lots of freeware programs available.
    There are also many good programs you can buy. Paint Shop Pro does just
    about everything I need.

    Bax, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Allen

    bambam Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in

    > Is there a software program out there that easily makes digital
    > photos a smaller size for emailing.
    > I have a digital camera that takes 6,3,2 mp photos but they are
    > still big when I go to email them. Some of the services like
    > hotmail etc. reject them as too big. I understand there are some
    > programs that will somehow shrink them in size for shipping. I am
    > using Jpeg format currently.

    Everybody should have this program-

    Irfanview

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    bambam, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Allen

    Bob H Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a software program out there that easily makes digital photos a
    > smaller size for emailing.
    > I have a digital camera that takes 6,3,2 mp photos but they are still big
    > when I go to email them. Some of the services like hotmail etc. reject

    them
    > as too big. I understand there are some programs that will somehow shrink
    > them in size for shipping. I am using Jpeg format currently.

    If you're running XP, try Image Resizer:

    Bob H, Nov 30, 2003
  6. Allen

    Pepperoni Guest

    "bambam" <> wrote in message

    > Everybody should have this program-
    >
    > Irfanview
    >
    > http://www.irfanview.com/

    It is absolutely the best if you maintain large collections of photos. It
    not only allows you to view large numbers of files as thumbnails, it also
    will produce custom indexes for posting collections to binary groups.
    Pepperoni, Nov 30, 2003
  7. Which only works with US English Regional Settings...
    No help to me )c:

    Mike the Kiwi

    Mike the Kiwi, Nov 30, 2003