making mp3 disks and playlist goes screwy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by English Patient, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Using Roxio CD+DVD Easy Creator 6 to make an mp3 disk

    4 Terry Prachett stories and over 100 files

    Filenames carefully chosen - Times01 -> Times12
    Magic01 -> Magic12 etc

    ie. not this 01 -> 40 for each story.

    Each story in its own directory

    Insert the 4 directorys into the project and take a look at the playlist (edit playlist)

    Make sure everything is in order, which it is, so OK

    After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player

    And there I find that though each story is separate, the files are in a screwy order,
    not as in the mp3-playlist.

    I used to have a problem when the first 8 characters of the filenames were identical
    ie. color_of_magic_01 getting confused with color_of_magic_02,

    but my filenames are now unique in the first 8 characters.

    Can anyone suggest a reaon for the fkup.

    It could be cheapass disks ( got mine from a supermarket ), but I'm not certain.

    EP.

    English Patient, Sep 9, 2005

  2. English Patient

    PC Guest

    "English Patient" <> wrote in message
    > snip
    > After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player
    > snip

    Sorry got to comment, mp3 on a "Cassette" player !!!!!!!!!!

    PeeCee

    PC, Sep 9, 2005

  3. "PC" <> wrote:

    >"English Patient" <> wrote in message
    >> snip
    >> After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player
    >> snip

    >Sorry got to comment, mp3 on a "Cassette" player !!!!!!!!!!
    >
    >PeeCee

    Sorry for confusion.

    I can play mp3s in 3 ways.
    (1) on my computer
    (2) portable goodmans mp3 player
    and (3) my portable ARTECH mp3 player+radio+cassette player

    The disc plays fine on the computer but on both (2) & (3) the order is muddled.
    And I checked the burned playlist and it was still in the right order

    EP

    English Patient, Sep 9, 2005