    much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Mike :)

    Mike Finister, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Mike Finister wrote:

    > Hi there
    >
    > I remember reading an article on how to make "magazine" style B&W pictures
    > from colour ones.
    >
    > Does anyone have any links etc. that I can look at. I remember that things
    > like "greyscale" and "remove colour" are not the best option to get the
    > crisp contrast etc.
    >
    > I've got some good photos that I think would look great in B&W, so any help
    > much appreciated.

    The best solution is Photoshop: Adjustments: Channel Mixer: Monochrome
    output ticked - then adjust the resulting grey preview to simulate
    panchromatic sensitivity or filters, using the three channel levels.
    Finally, once you have a greyscale image (preferred to be in 16-bit if
    you can to start with) apply an S-curve to the tones to simulate using
    b/w film and paper.

    David
    www.freelanephotographer.co.uk

    David Kilpatrick, Apr 19, 2004