    I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
    is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
    iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

    derek, Dec 9, 2005

  2. derek

    philo Guest

    derek wrote:
    > I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
    > is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
    > iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

    most cpu's are in sockets and are not soldered.
    for the few machines that do have soldered-in cpu's
    you'd never be able to use a soldering iron...
    they are wave-soldered.

    maybe all you need is more RAM

    philo, Dec 9, 2005

  3. derek

    Mikey Guest

    derek wrote:

    > I want to play far cry but my computer isnt fast enough apparently.How easy
    > is it to change the processor,do you need special tools?I have a soldering
    > iron and some screwdrivers and suchlike.

    You need a crowbar (to get the old one out) and a hammer (to get the new one
    in).

    Mikey, Dec 9, 2005