Making DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by gripbyte, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. gripbyte

    gripbyte Guest

    All,

    My wife and I have a large library of VHS tapes. Just out of college and an
    ever growing collection of small children, our Friday dates were: 1) Buy a
    movie, 2) Order a pizza, and 3) Watch as much as we could in between diaper
    changes or referee interventions.

    So, we have about 200+ VHS tapes, which are neatly arranged around the fire
    place and TV.

    My wife wants to shrink this down onto DVDs. However, macrovision has
    intervened.

    We purchased an LG LRY-517 to try to convert as many as possible. We have
    many tapes from the early and mid 80s, no problem. But obviously, we have
    many newer titles.

    I need a work around to make DVDs from them, legal copies for my own
    archival needs, or replace them with new DVDs at retail.

    Any help would be appreciated. I did hack the region software with good
    results, although I only own region 1 DVDs, so obviously there are ways to
    hack the firmware.

    gripbyte, Feb 20, 2006

  2. gripbyte

    Merlin Guest