    Thanks for any help!
    David

    , Sep 1, 2003

  2. wrote:

    > I've recently gotten a Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD recorder, and have
    > only recorded two DVDs so far. I'm using DVD-R type discs. I'd like to
    > divide some of them up into specific chapters (or whatever the correct
    > term is) if it's possible, but haven't been able to find out how to do it in
    > the manual. It does say, "After finalizing... Titles you entered with this
    > unit appear as menus." Does that mean I have to pause or stop the
    > machine to section it up into different programs while recording the
    > dics? Or is there a way to record the whole thing without interupting
    > the process, and then go back and section it up the way I want to?

    The Panasonic E series automatically puts "chapter" stops
    every five minutes or so in each program you record on dvd-r
    media, i.e. how forward you jump when you click the chapter
    jump on your remote control, when you finalize the disc.

    If you want "programs", i.e. individual entries on the discs
    menu that you can give a name to, then yes you have to have
    Stop each time one is done and start recording again for the
    next one.

    If you use dvd-ram discs you have greater flexibility to go
    programs and such where you like.

    Write me if you have more questions, I've spent a lot of time
    with my E50 and know it well. :)

    Darrel

    Darrel Christenson, Sep 1, 2003