Making and recording your own music

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Edward Doyle, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Edward Doyle

    Edward Doyle Guest

    Dear Expert

    I am wanting to know how do i set up my tascam 414
    homestudio to my pc and how do i transfer the stuff i have recorded into my
    pc as in what would i need hardware wise.And what software would i go for
    as i want to be able to add effects to the stuff that i have recorded and
    then being able to burn it on to disk for it to be able to play in a
    stereo.What software would be best and is easy to use as well that even if i
    wanted to add in more beats and tunes and stuff to the stuff i have already
    recorded and being able to adjust the sound quality as well in such a way if
    it needed to be in order to be a good recording on to disk.And when am using
    my studio there can sometimes be a slight hiss when i listen to the final
    recording and want to know what do i use to get that away if i where to put
    it in to the pc and use a program with and what programs do i use in order
    to do all that i have said.As in being able to get my recording from my
    studio to the pc and do i need any leads and stuff and could you tell me of
    simple programs to use not ones that are to complicated.

    ---

    Edward Doyle, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Edward Doyle

    Boomer Guest

    "Edward Doyle" <> wrote:

    > Dear Expert
    >
    > I am wanting to know how do i set up my
    > tascam 414
    > homestudio to my pc and how do i transfer the stuff i have
    > recorded into my pc as in what would i need hardware wise.

    Tascam 414 is mentioned at these groups:
    alt.music.4-track
    alt.music.home-studio
    rec.audio.pro

    You might want to search Googles Groups archives for more
    information. http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    HTH

    > And
    > what software would i go for as i want to be able to add
    > effects to the stuff that i have recorded and then being able
    > to burn it on to disk for it to be able to play in a stereo.What
    > software would be best and is easy to use as well that even if i
    > wanted to add in more beats and tunes and stuff to the stuff i
    > have already recorded and being able to adjust the sound quality
    > as well in such a way if it needed to be in order to be a good
    > recording on to disk.And when am using my studio there can
    > sometimes be a slight hiss when i listen to the final recording
    > and want to know what do i use to get that away if i where to
    > put it in to the pc and use a program with and what programs do
    > i use in order to do all that i have said.As in being able to
    > get my recording from my studio to the pc and do i need any
    > leads and stuff and could you tell me of simple programs to use
    > not ones that are to complicated.

    [snip sig]

    Boomer, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Edward Doyle

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:17:43 +0000 (UTC), "Edward Doyle"
    <> wrote:

    >Dear Expert
    >
    > I am wanting to know how do i set up my tascam 414
    >homestudio to my pc and how do i transfer the stuff i have recorded into my
    >pc as in what would i need hardware wise.And what software would i go for
    >as i want to be able to add effects to the stuff that i have recorded and
    >then being able to burn it on to disk for it to be able to play in a
    >stereo.What software would be best and is easy to use as well that even if i
    >wanted to add in more beats and tunes and stuff to the stuff i have already
    >recorded and being able to adjust the sound quality as well in such a way if
    >it needed to be in order to be a good recording on to disk.And when am using
    >my studio there can sometimes be a slight hiss when i listen to the final
    >recording and want to know what do i use to get that away if i where to put
    >it in to the pc and use a program with and what programs do i use in order
    >to do all that i have said.As in being able to get my recording from my
    >studio to the pc and do i need any leads and stuff and could you tell me of
    >simple programs to use not ones that are to complicated.

    You could use a patch cord from the audio out of the 414, to the line-in on
    your soundcard. Use "Audacity" to record and convert to mp3 for burning to a
    CD. (Make sure you set Audacity's input to "Stereo Mixer")

    Audacity: A Free, Cross-Platform Digital Audio Recorder/ Editor
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Unk, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Edward Doyle

    ~S~ Guest

    This is a much bigger question than you realise, and the 'experts' can only
    tell you that there are tens of progs out there that are fantastic and keep
    getting better all the time.

    I personally am a huge fan of Cubase SX and have had my hands on nearly
    every prog out there at one time or another.

    Almost all of them are quite pricey, but N-Track, and Goldwave are fully
    functional mostly free-ish (*-)) demos, shareware.

    For ease of use, most people go with Sony (Sonic Foundry) Acid, which is
    loop based, yet I know some of the best results I have heard have come from
    acid, ease of use interface bar none.

    For transferring from your Tascam as the other dude said, you can use almost
    any recent soundcard. I bought an Audigy 2 simply cuz its a bargain, and I
    put my moola into motherboard/cpu etc's. And its midi functional.
    You can get a basic version that is simply a soundcard, as opposed to the
    extra featured platinum version etc.

    For beats and tunes, one of the best new beat sequencers out there is
    Cakewalk Kinetic, the interface, and creative control is the best Ive seen.

    Othewise try fruity loops, or simply download tons of free samples off the
    net and edit your own in cubase, acid, whatever.

    ~S~

    ~S~, Jul 2, 2004