    Can this be done with blootooth? Or is it just not possible?

    Thanks for any info.

    John
    John, Jan 18, 2004

  2. John

    Duane Arnold Guest

    John <> wrote in news:t7cl00dlb0rmrbnj62at915g21aj98m5c3@
    4ax.com:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I just have a quick query.
    >
    > I have a 4 port wired ADSL modem. If I want to make just one of the
    > ports wireless can it be done cheaply?
    >
    > The modem I have is a Speedtouch 510. It connects to one computer
    > using the ethernet cable. It has 3 more ports and I want to connect
    > another computer to one of the ports without wires if possible.
    >
    > Can this be done with blootooth? Or is it just not possible?
    >
    > Thanks for any info.
    >
    > John

    Get a wireless Access Point and plug it into the port. Linksys makes
    wireless AP(s).

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 18, 2004

  3. John

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Duane Arnold <> wrote in

    > Get a wireless Access Point and plug it into the port. Linksys makes
    > wireless AP(s).

    I got a refurbished WAP11 for $49, a new one goes for like $70

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 18, 2004
  4. John

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:21:28 +0000, John <> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I just have a quick query.
    >
    >I have a 4 port wired ADSL modem. If I want to make just one of the
    >ports wireless can it be done cheaply?

    No.

    >The modem I have is a Speedtouch 510. It connects to one computer
    >using the ethernet cable. It has 3 more ports and I want to connect
    >another computer to one of the ports without wires if possible.

    Not possible.

    >Can this be done with blootooth? Or is it just not possible?

    Not possible.

    >Thanks for any info.

    Welcome.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese!
    Trent©, Jan 19, 2004
  5. John

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Trent© <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:21:28 +0000, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I just have a quick query.
    >>
    >>I have a 4 port wired ADSL modem. If I want to make just one of the
    >>ports wireless can it be done cheaply?

    > No.
    >
    >>The modem I have is a Speedtouch 510. It connects to one computer
    >>using the ethernet cable. It has 3 more ports and I want to connect
    >>another computer to one of the ports without wires if possible.

    > Not possible.
    >
    >>Can this be done with blootooth? Or is it just not possible?

    > Not possible.
    >
    >>Thanks for any info.

    > Welcome.
    >

    > Have a nice week...
    >
    > Trent
    >
    > If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese!

    The Speedtouch 510 is a gateway device with 4 ports. I don't see why the
    OP cannot install a wireless AP on one of the ports and make a wireless
    connection to a machine, just like any other gateway device with ports.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 19, 2004
  6. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote:
    > Trent© <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:21:28 +0000, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello.
    >>>
    >>> I just have a quick query.
    >>>
    >>> I have a 4 port wired ADSL modem. If I want to make just one of the
    >>> ports wireless can it be done cheaply?

    >> No.
    >>
    >>> The modem I have is a Speedtouch 510. It connects to one computer
    >>> using the ethernet cable. It has 3 more ports and I want to connect
    >>> another computer to one of the ports without wires if possible.

    >> Not possible.
    >>
    >>> Can this be done with blootooth? Or is it just not possible?

    >> Not possible.
    >>
    >>> Thanks for any info.

    >> Welcome.
    >>

    >> Have a nice week...
    >>
    >> Trent
    >>
    >> If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese!
    >>

    > The Speedtouch 510 is a gateway device with 4 ports. I don't see why
    > the OP cannot install a wireless AP on one of the ports and make a
    > wireless connection to a machine, just like any other gateway device
    > with ports.
    >
    > Duane :)

    Agreed, this is very possible and very doable...you just need a wireless
    AP connected to one of those ports...

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 19, 2004