    there an easy (and free) software that does this ? Any recommendations ?

    Thanks so much for the help,

    Daniel
    Daniel, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Pepperoni Guest

    use your search engine with the term "make a pdf". MSN search shows dozens
    of programs.

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a hard copy manual that I wish to turn into a PDF file. I can scan
    > these pages but have no idea which software to use to create a PDF file.

    Is

    Pepperoni, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Yes, I came up with a bunch of searches with lots of programs but am
    wondering which ones people here tried and recommend. Thanks.

    Daniel

    Daniel, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Basket Case Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a hard copy manual that I wish to turn into a PDF file. I can scan
    > these pages but have no idea which software to use to create a PDF file.

    Is
    > there an easy (and free) software that does this ? Any recommendations ?
    >
    > Thanks so much for the help,
    >
    > Daniel

    OpenOffice.org can make PDF files. I'm not sure if it will work with a
    scanned document though ... possibly something to play around with.
    Basket Case, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Chris Guest

    Well, any of these software companies will have a contact link of some sort.
    You should be able to ask them if it'll work with a scanned document.

    Adobe Acrobat (not the reader, but the pro software)
    OpenOffice.org (a free utilities suite similar to Windows Office)

    These 2 are some of the more popular software solutions. However, does it
    "need" to be a PDF? What about a .doc, or .rtf? You could also just make
    do with direct page-by-page scans numbered as jpegs or gifs.

    I've never worked with Acrobat, but just about everyone has used some form
    of the Acrobat Reader at one time or another. I've recently downloaded
    OpenOffice, and you might want to try it out even if you don't want it for a
    PDF. It's chock full of useful bits. Gives MS some competition in the
    freeware market.
    Chris, Feb 20, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Randy G Guest

    I have used pdf 995 in the past with good results. You pretty much
    take a document (Word, etc) and "print" it to the pdf995 print driver.
    It converts the doc to a pdf.

    It is free for the casual user. You get a popup asking you to buy it,
    but it is not necessary.

    http://www.pdf995.com/
    Randy G, Feb 20, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Rob-J Guest

    www.pdf995.com

    They have a great free utility.

    Rob-J, Feb 20, 2004
  8. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Yes, thanks so much guys! I've d/l the PDF995 utility and it's ABSOLUTELY
    great! Solved all my issues. Thanks again for your prompt help!

    Daniel
    Daniel, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Daniel

    tempus fugit Guest