Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jan 25, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jan 25, 2008

  2. Carlos

    Eric Guest

    Carlos, Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try when/if I get some free
    time this weekend :)

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 25, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Eric Guest

    I've tried to download the 64bit version of iTunes (of course using
    IE7 64bit), but no luck. After each download, and running the iTunes
    setup, it says it's a 32 bit version. Anyone know how to manually
    download the 64 bit version, as it appears that Apples site defaults
    to the 32 bit version...at least for me.

    Thanks,

    Eric, Jan 27, 2008
  4. Why did you feel you needed to use the 64bit version of IE7? Use the
    default version. A download is a download is a download.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 27, 2008
  5. Carlos

    David F Guest

    I was able to download ITunes64Setup.exe and it installed without problems
    simply by using IE7-32. Can't image why you're having problems.

    David F, Jan 27, 2008
  6. Carlos

    Eric Guest

    The 64-bit version of iTunes (You can use IE x64 to get it from here
    too)

    I try my best to follow directions...they say use IE x64, I use IE x64

    Eric, Jan 28, 2008
  7. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Eric,
    64-bit direct D/L link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...Win/061-3987.20080115.3D5gF/iTunes64Setup.exe
    Use any method you want to download it. IE32-bit, IE64-bit, Flashget,
    GetRight, Firefox, etc.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 28, 2008
  8. Carlos

    Graham Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > I am not an iPod user but I thought that this guide might be interested in
    > making their iPods work in XP x64.
    > http://yukichigai.googlepages.com/iphonex64

    I don't get it. Recently the 32-bit iTunes/Quicktime has been prepared
    to allow itself to install on XP x64, and all the "Vista 64-bit" package
    installs is 32-bit iTunes anyway. I don't have an iPhone, so I don't
    give a monkeys about that bit; maybe that's what all the fuss is about.

    Graham.

    Graham, Jan 29, 2008
  9. Carlos

    Eric Guest

    Thanks Carlos! :)

    Eric, Jan 29, 2008
  10. Carlos

    spyhunter39 Guest

    i did that whole tutorial a few months ago and it worked great. then
    about 2 weeks ago, i tried to update to the newest version of itunes,
    and now it doesn't work.
    Everything works (itunes/quicktime install, etc.) except for the iphone
    driver itself. At the step where you have to select the driver to use, I
    select the "apple mobile device usb driver" and it waits for a few
    seconds and then says there was a problem installing the driver.

    Any ideas?

    --
    spyhunter39
    spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659

    http://forums.techarena.in

    spyhunter39, Jul 7, 2008
  11. Contact Apple to see if they have a solution, they are
    responsible for any drivers needed for all version of Windows.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 7, 2008
  12. Carlos

    spyhunter39 Guest

    Well if apple supported xp x64 then we wouldn't even be having this
    conversation.

    I think what happened is when the apple auto updater tried to update
    it, it screwed something up so that now it won't allow the driver to
    load. What I need is some way to completely erase any traces of the
    driver and itunes/QuickTime from my computer short of reinstalling the
    OS.

    spyhunter39, Jul 7, 2008
  13. "spyhunter39" <> wrote in message

    > Well if apple supported xp x64 then we wouldn't even be having this
    > conversation.
    >
    > I think what happened is when the apple auto updater tried to update
    > it, it screwed something up so that now it won't allow the driver to
    > load. What I need is some way to completely erase any traces of the
    > driver and itunes/QuickTime from my computer short of reinstalling the
    > OS.
    >

    > --
    > spyhunter39
    > spyhunter39's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52659
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=900493
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    Does Apple have a clean up utility for Windows? Many companies do and they
    are very effective for removing a progam and drivers even when the user
    cannot see the software in Uninstall a Program.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 7, 2008
  14. Carlos

    spyhunter39 Guest

    yes! That's exactly what I need. Is there one?
    FYI, itunes/other apple software (besides safari) are not showing up in
    window's installer clean-up or uninstaller either but everytime I try to
    use the apple USB mobile device driver it doesn't work.

    spyhunter39, Jul 8, 2008
  15. And you expect Microsoft to fix problems with Apple's
    software? Dream on!!

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 8, 2008
  16. Carlos

    spyhunter39 Guest

    well, I was actually asking if anyone knew if apple had that. I kne
    microsoft wouldn't go out of their way to solve another company'
    problems.

    If they don't, which I don't think they do, is there some other 3r
    party software that will remove driver and such

    --
    spyhunter3

    http://forums.techarena.i

    spyhunter39, Jul 9, 2008