    macguy Guest

    how do you make win xp cd bootable? i copy from it to hard drive, the files,
    then bur, not bootable.

    macguy, Oct 26, 2003

  2. macguy

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "macguy" <> wrote in
    news:20031026003500.235$:

    > how do you make win xp cd bootable? i copy from it to hard drive, the
    > files, then bur, not bootable.

    If you copy it to the hard drive it will not be an exact duplicate, thus
    all the bootable information is not copied (it isn't stored in a file, so
    it doesn't get copied to the hard drive). There are ways to do it
    manually, but they take a lot of time, so I'd suggest you just use the CD
    to copy, or copy the CD to an image (.iso) and use that to burn the CD.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 26, 2003

  3. macguy

    Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:35:10 -0700, "macguy" <> wrote:

    >how do you make win xp cd bootable? i copy from it to hard drive, the files,
    >then bur, not bootable.

    Don't know how to do a CD directly, but MS has page that sets you up
    with a bootable floppy (actually 6 floppies). It claims to enable your
    CD to get you up and running.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Oct 26, 2003
  4. macguy

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    wrote in news::

    > Don't know how to do a CD directly, but MS has page that sets you up
    > with a bootable floppy (actually 6 floppies). It claims to enable your
    > CD to get you up and running.

    That's a long boot up time. Just boot off a 98 CD or startup disc with CD
    drivers, change to the CD and run setup from there. Unless XP was changed,
    you have to run WINNT.EXE that is located in the i386 folder on the CD.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 26, 2003
  5. macguy

    macguy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:35:10 -0700, "macguy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >how do you make win xp cd bootable? i copy from it to hard drive, the

    files,
    > >then bur, not bootable.
    > >

    > Don't know how to do a CD directly, but MS has page that sets you up
    > with a bootable floppy (actually 6 floppies). It claims to enable your
    > CD to get you up and running.
    >
    > Roy - Carpe Noctem

    What i am doing os making an unattend install and need to make a new cd for
    my win xp. i found out how tho i think, use iso buster to get the boot image
    from the cd and it will be made on my new cd i guess.

    macguy, Oct 26, 2003