    Jay
    --
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    Jay, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Jay

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:49:09 +1200, "Jay" <> wrote:

    >Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
    >region"
    >I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
    >Any ideas?
    >Philips DVD727K

    See how this goes:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Philips DVD 727

    Region code hack posted by Fernando, November 03 2003:
    Hello all,

    I've just bought the Philips 727K in Chile (at a department store called
    Falabella), on November 1st, 2003.
    I applied the hack (power on, open, 9,9,9,9,0, close, power off) and it worked
    fine!
    Invisible, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Jay

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message
    > Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
    > region"
    > I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
    > Any ideas?
    > Philips DVD727K
    >
    > Jay

    Genie.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:49:09 +1200, "Jay" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
    >>region"
    >>I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
    >>Any ideas?
    >>Philips DVD727K
    >>

    > See how this goes:
    > http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Philips DVD 727

    Worked like a charm.
    Cheers!

    Jay

    Jay, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Jay

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    <snip>

    >Genie.

    It's a standalone DVD player
    DoggNZ, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Jay

    Me Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >(*sling)> wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >>
    >>Genie.
    >>

    >It's a standalone DVD player

    you didnt say so...
    Me, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >>(*sling)> wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>
    >>>
    >>>Genie.
    >>>

    >>It's a standalone DVD player

    > you didnt say so...

    (not sure if you mean the OP... but that was me).
    I said "TV" which implied standalone.
    1. Noel Leeming wasn't open at that time of night
    2. The manual mentioned nothing about over-riding the regional settings.

    Jay
    Jay, Apr 26, 2005
  8. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:19:48 UTC, "Jay" <> wrote:

    > "Me" <> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > >>(*sling)> wrote:
    > >>
    > >><snip>

    > >>It's a standalone DVD player

    > > you didnt say so...

    > (not sure if you mean the OP... but that was me).
    > I said "TV" which implied standalone.
    > 1. Noel Leeming wasn't open at that time of night
    > 2. The manual mentioned nothing about over-riding the regional settings.
    >
    > Jay

    The bit about how to defeat the region coding is almost never in the
    actual manual. It is normally a photocopied piece of paper added by
    the distributers or by the shop. It is much more easy to lose than
    the manual, so I usually staple it to the manual for safekeeping.
    Stephen Worthington, Apr 26, 2005
  9. Jay

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:49:35 +1200, Me <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    >>(*sling)> wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>