Make it go away!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TNKEV, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
    has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
    inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
    it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
    have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
    allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
    service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
    anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
    when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
    enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
    the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
    course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
    into deaf mutes with memory problems.

    any ideas???

    --

    The home of New Yorks #1 jamband!!
    http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/

    TNKEV, Mar 30, 2006

  2. TNKEV

    Gordon Guest

    TNKEV wrote:

    > I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
    > has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
    > inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
    > it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
    > have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
    > allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
    > service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
    > anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
    > when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
    > enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
    > the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
    > course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
    > into deaf mutes with memory problems.
    >
    > any ideas???

    Well if you will buy dodgy phones from a bloke in the pub.........

    --
    Gordon Burgess-Parker
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon, Mar 30, 2006

  3. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > TNKEV wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and

    T-mobile
    >> has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
    >> inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo"

    and
    >> it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
    >> have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that

    will
    >> allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to

    change
    >> service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
    >> anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN

    but
    >> when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
    >> enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
    >> the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but

    of
    >> course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
    >> into deaf mutes with memory problems.
    >>
    >> any ideas???
    >>

    > Well if you will buy dodgy phones from a bloke in the pub.........

    Well if a kiosk in the mall is considered a pub....................

    and believe it or not I do have a Dodge truck sticker right on the
    front of the phone so I guess it is a Dodgey phone.LOL!!

    TNKEV, Mar 30, 2006
  4. TNKEV

    Trax Guest

    "TNKEV" <> wrote:

    |>I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
    |>has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
    |>inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
    |>it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
    |>have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
    |>allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
    |>service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
    |>anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
    |>when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
    |>enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
    |>the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
    |>course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
    |>into deaf mutes with memory problems.
    |>
    |>any ideas???

    Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have three
    tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
    http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

    Can't find what OS your's runs; but if it's S60, Download and install
    Fexplorer http://www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
    One of the tool options is to set your operator logo, as well as
    giving you total control of your phone (File wise).

    --
    Web cam in an eagle's nest
    http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/encoder/index.html

    Trax, Mar 30, 2006
  5. TNKEV

    Trax Guest

    Trax <> wrote:

    |>Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords

    Unlocking the phone should zero out all passwords.

    Trax, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  7. "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > "TNKEV" <> wrote:
    >
    > |>I have a Nokia 6101 cell phone, I paid for it,it's mine and T-mobile
    > |>has thier name in the middle of the screen on the outside and the
    > |>inside. in the settings there is a selection for "operator logo" and
    > |>it is greyed out when I select it it says no logo in phone memory,I
    > |>have the unlock code generating software but I don't think that will
    > |>allow me any more access to the phone settings just allow me to change
    > |>service providers without taking it in. I want to be able to change
    > |>anything I want in MY phone. there are selections to enter my PIN but
    > |>when I enter my PIN# it says "code error", and there selections to
    > |>enter a security code that I can't find and T-mobile says it is for
    > |>the company i bought my phone from and I need to talk to them,but of
    > |>course like a used car salesman once I bought the phone they turned
    > |>into deaf mutes with memory problems.
    > |>
    > |>any ideas???
    >
    > Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords

    It won't. The sec-code can be reset but you'll normally need a decent
    flashing box such as UFS or Griffin to do it.

    >- you have three

    Five.

    > tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
    > http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html
    >
    > Can't find what OS your's runs; but if it's S60, Download and install
    > Fexplorer http://www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
    > One of the tool options is to set your operator logo, as well as
    > giving you total control of your phone (File wise).

    It's S40. Best option is just to send whatever op-logo is required to the
    handset but bear in mind that it can be over-ridden by the SIM.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  8. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Trax wrote:
    > Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have

    three
    > tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
    > http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

    I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
    access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am not
    sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

    TNKEV, Mar 31, 2006
  9. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    TNKEV, Mar 31, 2006
  10. "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > Trax wrote:
    >> Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have

    > three
    >> tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
    >> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

    > I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
    > access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am not
    > sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

    It won't help at all. You need to upload an alternative logo to the phone
    before you can select the op logo menu item.

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  11. "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > one of the links in your .sig looked good but I would rather not pay
    > for it.

    Pay for what? You can get an op logo sent to the phone for bugger all, or
    at most for a couple of minutes of WAP usage.

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  12. TNKEV

    Trax Guest

    "Richard Colton" <> wrote:

    |>> Can't find what OS your's runs; but if it's S60, Download and install
    |>> Fexplorer http://www.gosymbian.com/fexplorer_new.php
    |>> One of the tool options is to set your operator logo, as well as
    |>> giving you total control of your phone (File wise).

    |>It's S40. Best option is just to send whatever op-logo is required to the
    |>handset but bear in mind that it can be over-ridden by the SIM.

    Fexplorer? it's free.

    Trax, Mar 31, 2006
  13. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Richard Colton wrote:
    > "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    >> one of the links in your .sig looked good but I would rather not

    pay
    >> for it.

    > Pay for what? You can get an op logo sent to the phone for bugger

    all, or
    > at most for a couple of minutes of WAP usage.

    I don't want an op logo,I want for nothing to be there,sure I can have
    photo sent to my phone as an op logo but that would be the same thing
    as a wallpaper,I like my wallpaper to be a slide set of my images,and
    I want FULL use of every option in my phone. I can do whatever I want
    with my car,take it apart,add things,remove things, basically whatever
    I want,I would like to do the same with my phone.

    TNKEV, Mar 31, 2006
  14. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Richard Colton wrote:
    > "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    >> Trax wrote:
    >>> Unlocking the phone allow should erase all passwords - you have

    >> three
    >>> tries to get it right or you've got a rock on your hands.
    >>> http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

    >> I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
    >> access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am

    not
    >> sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

    > It won't help at all. You need to upload an alternative logo to the

    phone
    > before you can select the op logo menu item.

    oh ok I think I got it, if i upload an op logo I may be able to shut
    off the logo. right?

    TNKEV, Mar 31, 2006
  15. TNKEV

    TNKEV Guest

    Trax wrote:

    install

    >>> It's S40. Best option is just to send whatever op-logo is

    required to the
    >>> handset but bear in mind that it can be over-ridden by the SIM.

    > Fexplorer? it's free.

    it is but I don't have a cable,my PC has niether blue tooth nor
    infrared and my phone doesn't have blue tooth.

    TNKEV, Mar 31, 2006
  16. "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Colton wrote:
    >> "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    >>> one of the links in your .sig looked good but I would rather not

    > pay
    >>> for it.

    >> Pay for what? You can get an op logo sent to the phone for bugger

    > all, or
    >> at most for a couple of minutes of WAP usage.

    > I don't want an op logo,

    FFS! Yes, you do.

    > I want for nothing to be there,

    Then send a blank one to the handset.

    > sure I can have
    > photo sent to my phone as an op logo but that would be the same thing
    > as a wallpaper,

    No it wouldn't, operator logos and wallpaper are completely different
    things.

    >I like my wallpaper to be a slide set of my images,and
    > I want FULL use of every option in my phone.

    I've told you how to do that. Send an operator logo (not wallpaper) to the
    handset. Once it's been received you can use the menu option to select it -
    until that time, the option will remain greyed out. The only caveat here is
    that the operator logo stored on the handset can be (but usually isn't) over
    ridden by the SIM (that will depend on which operator you are using).

    > I can do whatever I want
    > with my car,take it apart,add things,remove things, basically whatever
    > I want,I would like to do the same with my phone.

    And if you'd listen to what you're being told, you'd be able to do exactly
    that.

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  17. "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > Richard Colton wrote:
    >> "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    >>> three
    >>>

    >>> I am not sure that erasing all the passwords is going to allow more
    >>> access or to find a logo that the phone says is not there,and I am

    > not
    >>> sure if taking the paper weight chance would be good.

    >> It won't help at all. You need to upload an alternative logo to the

    > phone
    >> before you can select the op logo menu item.

    > oh ok I think I got it, if i upload an op logo I may be able to shut
    > off the logo. right?

    Yes, that's it exactly. If you want the screen clear you'll need to upload
    a blank operator logo.

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006
  18. "TNKEV" <> wrote in message
    > Trax wrote:

    > install

    > required to the

    >> Fexplorer? it's free.

    > it is but I don't have a cable,my PC has niether blue tooth nor
    > infrared and my phone doesn't have blue tooth.

    IR dongles are cheap enough now - around £5-£10 in the UK.

    Richard Colton, Mar 31, 2006