    in emails and newsgroup posts larger I know you can with firefox . The
    reason I ask is its very small to read (hard) even for me to read on a
    lardge monitor. TIA.
    PWB, May 6, 2010

  2. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    PWB wrote:

    > I wonder if anyone knows if thunderbird has an add in to make the typing
    > in emails and newsgroup posts larger I know you can with firefox . The
    > reason I ask is its very small to read (hard) even for me to read on a
    > lardge monitor.

    In Win Tb3, you access the configuration of your display with Tools
    menu/ Options item/ Display tab - Formatting subtab - Fonts section and
    then use the menu tool to choose a font and the next menu tool to choose
    a size.

    Below that section is a place to configure how quoted plaintext messages
    are displayed. In addition, there is an 'advanced' button on that same
    configuration window to give further control.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 7, 2010

  3. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    PWB <> wrote in

    > I wonder if anyone knows if thunderbird has an add in to make the
    > typing in emails and newsgroup posts larger I know you can with
    > firefox . The reason I ask is its very small to read (hard) even for
    > me to read on a lardge monitor. TIA.

    You can also change the size of text on web pages from control panel in
    Display. I mention this in case you use web instead of pop mail.Be
    careful playing with this however, you have to make *absolutely* certain
    you're changing the font for only the thing you think you are. There's
    *lots* of choices and the explanation of each leaves a lot to be
    desired.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 7, 2010
  4. PWB

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 7 May 2010 01:22:21 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>You can also change the size of text on web pages from control panel
    >>in Display. I mention this in case you use web instead of pop mail.Be
    >>careful playing with this however, you have to make *absolutely*
    >>certain you're changing the font for only the thing you think you are.
    >>There's *lots* of choices and the explanation of each leaves a lot to
    >>be desired.

    > In most web browsers, it's easier to use control + alt + mouse scroll
    > to change the size.

    Of *one* of them only. Web pages rarely if ever consist of just one.
    Java and flash parts can't be changed this way, but it's covers
    everything else.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 7, 2010
  5. PWB

    PWB Guest

    On 06/05/2010 23:57, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 May 2010 23:50:41 +0100, PWB<> wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder if anyone knows if thunderbird has an add in to make the typing
    >> in emails and newsgroup posts larger I know you can with firefox . The
    >> reason I ask is its very small to read (hard) even for me to read on a
    >> lardge monitor. TIA.

    > Tools, Options, Display / Formatting, Advanced, and pick your prefered
    > font / size there. :)

    Thanks all the Advanced route that Evan gave was exactly what I wanted.
    PWB, May 7, 2010
  6. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > PWB
    >> I wonder if anyone knows if thunderbird has an add in to make the typing
    >> in emails and newsgroup posts larger I know you can with firefox . The
    >> reason I ask is its very small to read (hard) even for me to read on a
    >> lardge monitor. TIA.
    >>

    > Did you try this yet, doofus?
    > http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/et_default_font.htm

    "Make sure each account is set to composing with HTML formatting."

    That article tells people how to compose in html 'doofus'.

    That isn't what the OP was all about, 'doofus'.

    Don't be calling other people doofus in the first place, and especially
    if you are going to act like a doofus yourself while you are 'advising'
    them.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 7, 2010