    There are 4 .wmv files around 30MB each. I can put them on individual disks
    or a single disk.

    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Ray Greene

    David Guest

    Ray Greene wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to make a CD or DVD from a .wmv file, that will play
    > on a regular DVD player?
    >
    > I have Nero which has a Video CD option, but I don't have a DVD player to
    > test with (I'm doing this for a friend). Is that what I need to use?
    >
    > There are 4 .wmv files around 30MB each. I can put them on individual disks
    > or a single disk.
    >
    > Ray Greene.

    Yep, however if you make a VCD it must be burnt to a CD ( not a DVD ).
    Nero's VCD encoder is fine, I think you have to pay extra for the MPEG2
    encoder in order to make an SVCD or DVD. SVCD offers better quality over
    VCD, but only if your wmvs are decent to start off with (and from that
    file size, unless they are quite short, they probably aren't). I think
    almost every DVD player plays VCD, for 100% compatiblity and best
    results you would have to encode to MPEG2, with separate PCM (large) or
    AC3 (encoders hard to come by) audio (some dvd players don't like MPEG
    layer 2 audio on DVDs) and burn to DVD (If you manage to encode the
    video and audio with some other encoder I think nero will do the
    DVD-authoring and burning for you)
    Personally I would use Sony's DVD Architect to burn a DVD or Nero 6 on
    full auto to do a VCD.

    David, Nov 19, 2005

  3. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:00:21 +1300, David <> wrote:

    >Yep, however if you make a VCD it must be burnt to a CD ( not a DVD ).
    >Nero's VCD encoder is fine, I think you have to pay extra for the MPEG2
    >encoder in order to make an SVCD or DVD. SVCD offers better quality over
    >VCD, but only if your wmvs are decent to start off with (and from that
    >file size, unless they are quite short, they probably aren't). I think
    >almost every DVD player plays VCD, for 100% compatiblity and best
    >results you would have to encode to MPEG2, with separate PCM (large) or
    >AC3 (encoders hard to come by) audio (some dvd players don't like MPEG
    >layer 2 audio on DVDs) and burn to DVD (If you manage to encode the
    >video and audio with some other encoder I think nero will do the
    >DVD-authoring and burning for you)
    >Personally I would use Sony's DVD Architect to burn a DVD or Nero 6 on
    >full auto to do a VCD.

    Thanks for the info David, I'll use Nero and make a VCD.

    --
    Ray Greene.

    Ray Greene, Nov 20, 2005