    What would be the best way to go about accomplishing this task?

    Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

    StaticHash
    statichash, May 21, 2009

  2. statichash

    torontolife

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Messages:
    32
    You can copy the pages, but you also need to make a copy of the database, and then update the connection settings in your test site. Else you will mess up your original site.
    torontolife, Jun 4, 2009

  3. statichash

    offshoredevelopment

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2

    Just move all files on your test directory and you need to configure all your images, JS file, other path on each file if you had given static path then only if your site is build with dynamically than you dont need to change it just change in general settings file with path if any and you dont need to change any database connection and so.

    Thanks
    Mayur Shah
    offshoredevelopment, Jul 8, 2009