    DVD from this. I want to play it on a standard DVD player. What
    application(s) can do this? A menu would be nice, but not required.
    Thanks!
    Phisherman, Jan 16, 2008

  2. Phisherman

    Mikey Guest

    ConvertXtoDVD is one of the best.

    Will convert almost any file to DVD With or without a simple menu.
    Mikey, Jan 16, 2008

  3. Phisherman

    CoMa Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:59:44 -0500, Phisherman <> wrote:

    >I have an avi file (about 700 megs) and would like to make a playable
    >DVD from this. I want to play it on a standard DVD player. What
    >application(s) can do this? A menu would be nice, but not required.
    >Thanks!

    FAVC (Freeware)
    http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/home
    FAVC uses HC Encoder to code the files
    to Mpeg 2 files and uses Muxman to
    author the project to a DVD.
    FAVC also support DVD menu
    (simple menu, but it works)
    CoMa, Jan 16, 2008
  4. Phisherman

    Guest

    , Jan 17, 2008
  5. Phisherman

    swordm Guest

    Total Video2Dvd Author can help you convert avi to dvd simply and
    directly, work on home dvd player

    1. convert avi and other popular video formats (*.flv, *.divx, *.xivd,
    *.avi, *.wmv, *.mkv, *.rm, *.rmvb, *.3gp, *.mp4, *.mov, *.ts, *.ogm,
    etc.) to DVD or ISO image file.
    2. download youtube video or other video share website video, and burn
    it to dvd,
    3. include a lot of beautiful dvd menu template
    4. support photo slideshow to DVD,
    5. Supports .srt . sub .ssa .ass .smi .psb .tex .idx subtitles
    6. easy to use, only a few clicks.

    you can download it from:
    http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm
    swordm, Jan 21, 2008
  6. Phisherman

    Phisherman Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:02:01 GMT, "Mikey" <> wrote:

    >ConvertXtoDVD is one of the best.
    >
    >Will convert almost any file to DVD With or without a simple menu.

    Thanks to all that responded. The installation Video2DVD crashed on
    my PC. ConvertXtoDVD works like a charm.
    Phisherman, Jan 24, 2008