    Any tip would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Larry
    Larry Hodges, Nov 14, 2005

  2. Most websites that need to provide an ActiveX control provide only a 32-bit
    control. That is the main reason that 32-bit IE6 is provided in x64. But
    you probably already know that.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 14, 2005

  3. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    I did notice, thanks. But that still doesn't answer my question.

    Larry Hodges, Nov 14, 2005
  4. There is no way to make it default browser, the only work around would be to
    simply, send a shortcut to desktop from the All Programs menu or add a
    shortcut to the Quicklaunch bar on your Taskbar.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 14, 2005
  5. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Thank you. And I've already done that. I was just curious.

    I have quite a few shortcuts to regular sites I use daily on my Desktop, and
    simply wanted to launch them in 64bit. There is no way to set those
    shortcuts to launch in IE64 that I can see.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Nov 14, 2005
  6. Maybe it will be supported in IE 7 Beta 2, you never know.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 14, 2005
  7. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    I'm no expert, but since you can determine the default browser (between
    Netscape, IE, etc.), there must be a registry entry that contains that which
    should be able to be redirected to the IE64. I can't check today, but maybe
    this evening I will have the time, if no one else has provided the
    information by then.

    John Barnes, Nov 14, 2005
  8. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    Go to HKEY-CLASSES-ROOT\http\shell\open\command
    You should be able to remove the space(x86) from the location using the
    iexplore.exe in Program Files
    As ALWAYS, back up the key before you change it.

    John Barnes, Nov 17, 2005
  9. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Thanks...I'll give it a try.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Nov 18, 2005
  10. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    Did you get it to do what you wanted or should we look for something else

    John Barnes, Dec 1, 2005