    know what's up as I've given up trying to get Xp installed?

    TIA

    Redman

    Redman, May 30, 2004

  2. Redman

    °Mike° Guest

    You say you reformatted. Did you remove all of the
    partitions, including any NTFS partitions?

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 18:41:49 +0100, in
    <>
    Redman scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 30, 2004

  3. Redman

    Redman Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message
    > You say you reformatted. Did you remove all of the
    > partitions, including any NTFS partitions?

    Yes.

    Redman

    Redman, May 30, 2004
  4. Redman

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:26:02 +0100, in
    <>
    Redman scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    >> You say you reformatted. Did you remove all of the
    >> partitions, including any NTFS partitions?

    >Yes.

    Ok, play along now....

    Have you checked the cables; removed and replaced them?

    What is the EXACT error message?

    What drives can you see in DOS?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 30, 2004
  5. Redman

    Redman Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:26:02 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Redman scrawled:
    >
    > >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    > >> You say you reformatted. Did you remove all of the
    > >> partitions, including any NTFS partitions?

    > >Yes.

    > Ok, play along now....
    >
    > Have you checked the cables; removed and replaced them?

    Yes

    > What is the EXACT error message?

    The screen is telling me that there are no hard drives present but there has
    to be as Win 98 SE is loaded up.

    Redman, May 30, 2004
  6. Redman

    Redman Guest

    Ok I'm downloading PowerMax from Maxtors website. I'll give it a blast and
    see if it comes up with anything. I'm not expecting it too though.

    Redman

    Redman, May 30, 2004
  7. "Redman" <> wrote in message
    > Ok had to reformat my dual boot of Win98SE/Xp. Reinstalled Win 98SE with

    no
    > problems. Then booted Win Xp from the CD and everything was going fine

    until
    > I was asked to press the Enter key to install Xp, next thing that comes up
    > is that Xp says there are no hdd's in my system. I've tried loading Win Xp
    > on it's own, same error. Borrowed my brothers copy, same problem. Anyone
    > know what's up as I've given up trying to get Xp installed?

    XP says there are no hard drives on the system or it says there is no boot
    volume or partition? When you set up Win98SE did you make the entire disk
    one large volume and leave no space in a separate volume for WinXP to run
    setup?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/management/mltiboot.asp

    Oxford Systems, May 30, 2004
  8. "Oxford Systems" <> wrote in message
    > "Redman" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    > XP says there are no hard drives on the system or it says there is no boot
    > volume or partition? When you set up Win98SE did you make the entire disk
    > one large volume and leave no space in a separate volume for WinXP to run
    > setup?
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306559

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/management/mltiboot.asp

    Oops! Hit send before pasting the last link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/multiboot.asp

    Oxford Systems, May 30, 2004
  9. Redman

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:36:06 +0100, in
    <>
    Redman scrawled:

    >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:26:02 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Redman scrawled:
    >>
    >> >°Mike° <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> >Yes.

    >> Ok, play along now....
    >>
    >> Have you checked the cables; removed and replaced them?

    >Yes
    >>
    >> What is the EXACT error message?

    >The screen is telling me that there are no hard drives present but there has
    >to be as Win 98 SE is loaded up.

    Ok.... I have better things to do.

    °Mike°, May 30, 2004