    interferrence? Would a signal booster help? Even though I am literally 5 feet
    away from the AP. My other lab has no problems but it is 802.11a 5 GHZ (also
    in different building). This is really frustrating me. Please help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=, Jan 25, 2006

  2. The adapters will drop linkspeed in reaction to interference from things
    like microwaves and wireless phones. I suggest just running a single
    wireless machine to ensure the number of machines is not the problem. I
    suspect its interference though from other devices in that range.

    802.11a is much less likely to have interference problems.

    You probably don't want to upgrade 30 machines unless you can verify thats
    really the problem. Here is a review of an inexpensive device to measure
    noise in the 2.4 ghz range directly:
    http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Reviews-261-ProdID-WISPY-1.php. This one is
    called the Wi-Spy. I haven't tried one yet- mine is in the mail. It sounds
    really cool.
    Similar devices will also measure in the 5 ghz range for 802.11a (they are
    mentioned in the same article). They are much more expensive however.

    --
    Frank Schwieterman [MSFT]

    Frank Schwieterman [MSFT], Feb 18, 2006