    I wish I had Norton Windoctor to use, but it doesn't seem to work with this
    version of windows...

    Any help appreciated

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Sorry for the double post but needed to add some more info.

    Also found the following problems with dxdiag:

    - Several files (system.dll, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll,
    Microsoft.DirectX.DirectDraw.dll, etc.) are missing!

    - You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

    And when I click on the button labled 'run 64 bit DXdiag', nothing happens.

    Tried going to direct x website to re-download direct x, but it says that it
    does not support my version of windows...

    Where can I get the latest version or where do I find it on my Windows 64 CD?

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Look for a hardware issue. Others are running that board and haven't reported
    trouble. Bad RAM? Overclocking?

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2005
  4. Ok. Can you point me in the right direction towards fault isolation? What
    tests can I run? What do I look at to get the right technical information?
    Are there any 3rd party apps to help me diagnose? Maybe I have some BIOS
    settings wrong? Could it be problems with RAID?

    I bought all of the parts and had a local company put them together.
    Everything worked ok at first but became unstable within a day or so. I
    talked to the company that put it together and they said because I didn't buy
    the parts through them, that they can't waranty the system. I would rather
    not have to pay them again to fix this if I can figure it out on my own.
    Thanx for any info you can give me.

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 4, 2005
  5. So how can I pull the missing files from my Windows 64 disk?

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 4, 2005
  6. FORMAT C:

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=, Aug 4, 2005
  7. 1.) Put your BIOS back to default settings. Kill the RAID for a while, use a
    single drive while you're troubleshooting. Remove any non-critical boards
    from your machine.
    2.) you don't specify how much, and what kind, your memory is, but I'd
    suggest that is the most likely failure point. Try replacing the memory if
    you have other known good memory available, or if you don't, you may be able
    to remove part of it, depending on your board configuration.
    3.) Use a different CD/DVD drive to install from.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Do you have the latest Bios from DFI to correct x2 performance problems?

    Dennis Pack, Aug 5, 2005
  9. ok here goes:

    1. I set the BIOS to the default and the OS would no longer boot. So I
    reinstalled windows again and it is working again at it's normal (unstable)
    state.

    I am still getting the following error onboot:

    [​IMG]

    2. The memory (RAM I'm assuming you mean) is brand new Dual Channel DDR 400
    by OCZ. I have 2 sets of 2 modules each 512 MB for about 2 GB ram. Both
    the BIOS boot and Windows recognize the amount of Ram:

    [​IMG]

    3. I only have a single DVD burner drive in the comp. But that appears to
    be the only thing working 100% correctly.

    Also there might be a problem with the HDDs. I have 2 drives installed and
    recoginized by BIOS and Windows, but I am showing only 1 Logical C
    drive(reading as the size of only 1 of the 'physical drives- 74GB). I have
    RAID disabled in the BIOS but it appears that my drives are still in some
    kind of RAID config (Not sure, I know very little about RAID in the first
    place)

    I am getting an icon in my taskbar showing the 'Safely remove hardware' as
    follows
    [​IMG]

    Thanx for your info and support

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 5, 2005
  10. <EDIT FIXED LINKS SINCE I"VE DISCOVERED THAT THIS FORUM DOESN'T SUPPORT
    HOTLINKING>

    http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3111/sysinfo3oj.jpg

    =?Utf-8?B?WGFvcw==?=, Aug 5, 2005