Major host iPowerweb refuses to support Mozilla / Firefox - 240,000 sites affected

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by js17@cavelle.com, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Guest

    The community should be aware that iPowerweb, with more than 240,000
    web sites, refuses to support Mozilla and Firefox.

    iPowerweb have set up the e-mail systems for 240,000 domains so that
    they can work only with Internet Explorer.

    Anyone using the webmail system on a iPowerweb hosted site is affected.
    Whenever they create and send an e-mail with an attachment using
    Mozilla or Firefox (or Opera), their mail system makes it looks like it
    was sent (it appears in the outbox), but instead iPowerweb just quietly
    throws it away.

    Unless an unhappy customer or recipient actually complains about not
    receiving a specific e-mail, no-one knows that the messages they are
    sending using Mozilla or Firefox are being thrown away by iPowerweb .

    After more than six weeks of endless frustration with their customer
    support, iPowerweb have now confirmed that this problem exists and that
    they can not or will not fix it in the short term.

    iPowerweb obviously do not care about the millions of Firefox and
    Mozilla users. Any Firefox or Mozilla users, or any company that does
    not want to be forced into using Microsoft Internet Explorer, should
    move any existing domains from iPowerweb and avoid placing future
    business with them.

    Please note that I have no association with any other hosting company,
    and it is only because of iPowerweb's appalling customer support and
    failure to support any non-Microsoft browser that I am posting this
    warning.

    If you want further information on this problem, or can recommend a web
    hosting provider that properly supports non-Microsoft browsers for
    their webmail, please let me know.

    John

    ======================================

    Background information from iPowerweb confirming that their webmail
    throws away e-mails with attachments if Mozilla or Firefox are used:

    " Response (Adam Shing) - 01/14/2005 04:43 PM
    Dear Customer,
    I've also tried myself with a few different configurations and I
    seem to be having the same issue. I can't send anything with
    attachments out of Mozilla, but emails with no attachments go through
    fine. Same behavior on both the old and new @mail it seems. We're
    sending this to our developers to look at. We apologize for the
    difficulty and delays this problem is causing you, but we thank you for
    you patience as we work to try and get this resolved. "

    "Response (Ron Herzog) - 01/19/2005 10:15 AM
    ....we are sorry but through our reasearch, attactments should work fine
    if you are using Internet Explorer, but at this time attachments are
    not workign in firefox our reasearch and developement department will
    work on fxing this in the furture, thank you for making us aware of the
    situation. ..."
    , Jan 20, 2005

  2. Major sucks. Thanks.

    Chrissy Cruiser, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Re: Major host iPowerweb refuses to support Mozilla / Firefox - 240,000sites affected

    Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
    > Major sucks. Thanks.

    but how can a webhost do that ? wouldn't they be violating some sort of
    privacy thingy by saying that your pages that you create will not
    support firefox ? *CONFUZED*
    (ProteanThread), Jan 21, 2005
  4. Re: Major host iPowerweb refuses to support Mozilla / Firefox - 240,000sites affected

    (ProteanThread) wrote:
    > Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
    >
    >> Major sucks. Thanks.
    >>

    > but how can a webhost do that ? wouldn't they be violating some sort of
    > privacy thingy by saying that your pages that you create will not
    > support firefox ? *CONFUZED*

    That's not what he said at all. All he's saying is the provider's web
    interface for email accounts won't work in Firefox.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 21, 2005